Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Hybrid Gr Sport touch entry

Louie

Hi Guys

I am having some trouble trying to obtain the full specs on this model.  I am trying to establish if there is a sensor on the door handle to enable entry to the vehicle without pressing the key fob button.

It is something i have not really thought about as the dealer never pointed it out when i picked up my vehicle so i assumed you have to use your key fob to gain entry. On a few occasions the vehicle has thrown up a warning saying fob not present in car also my Carista app talks about enabling distances for fob recognition and unlocking door by touching sensor on door handle.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks

Louie

If you have keyless entry, you'll have a small sensor on the front of the door handle (the bit that looks like stripes on the attached picture) for locking the car, and you touch behind the handle to unlock it. If you don't have the stripes, you wont have keyless entry

download.jpeg

• Like 1

Keyless entry is only available on Excel grade

• Like 1

It's on my Excel. It is convenient, but convenience comes at a price - I always ensure my keys are stored in Faraday pouches when at home, due to these news articles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47655330

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/topten/top-10-cars-most-vulnerable-to-keyless-theft/

You can turn keyless entry off

Hopefully Toyota have improved on the issue since the start of 2019

You can also, on the key fob,  press and hold down the car lock button whilst the pressing the car open button twice, until you see the red indicator light flash twice. The car won't open via the door handle, until you open it using the unlock button on the fob, when that switches keyless entry back on. I do this when I get home now.