Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb/Aux

BillyGeddes

Hi all, I've bought a replacement dash for my mk1 aygo, the replacement one has the USB and aux in the little pocket under the heater box, is there a way I can wire this into my radio? I need to note that the wires have been cut so I'll need to wire it up too

TIA! 

what radio do you have ?, i doubt you will be able to use it without an adapter (£50-80)

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

what radio do you have ?, i doubt you will be able to use it without an adapter (£50-80)

I've got a pioneer stereo in currently! It's got option for both USB and aux on the back of the stereo! 

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

No it is out of the facelift mk1 its got a USB and aux in the pocket underneath the heater light area! 

got it, usb is easy enough to figure out with a muiltimeter

827652627_aygoaux.thumb.jpg.403c5950e2885170ac2443fc4058869e.jpg

182113523_aygoauxpinout.thumb.jpg.4987102fac44c42557fd64804e482eb5.jpg

dont forget a usb socket gives out 5V and NOT 12v

Ah okay, cheers guys, gonna try and play about it it and see if I can fit it to my stereo 😂 doubt I'm gonna be able to do it but worth a try! 

It's easy enough, get a cheap usb lead and chop the plug off find some suitable pins (Dupont or JST) may do the trick and some hot glue to hold them into the socket

the same goes for the AUX in

if you can give me the measurements of the socket i will see if i can find something suitable if not i could do the mod for you

if you just want usb. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-Flush-Mount-Socket-Extension-Cable-Port-Lead-Adaptor-Input-60cm-Car/370842903339?hash=item5657f5a32b:g:j3kAAOSwcx5ZZc-A