Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking at buying either a 1.6sr or 2.0 d4d?

Carter1992

I'm looking into buying one of the above but I would like to hear of there are any common issues I should know about when looking at one.

I'm leaning more towards the 2.0 d4d as I do alot of driving so the mpg would be better. Are there any common problems with these cars?

Thank you for any advice anyone can give.

The Auris replaced the Corolla in February 2007, so you will probably need to consider an older Corolla.

Yeah I'm looking at a 2006 year. I've really liked the corolla for years but never owned one.

• Like 1

Hi,

A 2006/early2007 model is probably the best choice, its later than the ones with oil burning problems, but at 14 years old you cannot expect either to be in A1 condition.

Depends on how much diy work you want to spend on such an old car, partic if its history is unkown, a Diesel will likely already have a high mileage,

We have the 1.6 petrol , (40mpg) and apart from a new clutch its been faultless , now on 120k miles, just gets regular servicing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carter1992 said:

Yeah I'm looking at a 2006 year. I've really liked the corolla for years but never owned one.

Try and find one that's had as much done as possible and been serviced regular. They run forever if looked after 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links