Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater controls

iand12

Since getting my new Prius plus in March this year I've been constantly surprised by how good it is. Not only do I find it very good on fuel consumption but it's so versatile that it's like owning several cars at once. My only complaint is the stupid heater controls, I REALLY don't like them at all. My last car was a C-HR and the heater controls on that are much more user friendly all round. The Prius controls are fiddly, annoying and are just too much hassle to use safely while driving. No, it's not enough to put me off the car, but enough to make me swear every time I have to adjust them while driving! Am I the only Prius owner who feels the same way?

No, I find them very straight forward to use, what don't you like about them?

I have mine set at Auto 21oC (A/C on Eco) and it keeps a great even temperature without any intervention from me.

If I want it a bit cooler or a bit warmer then its a quick press of a toggle switch.

• Like 2

I mainly just press Auto or Off, and turn on AC and set temperature as desired. In Auto mode it'll adjust fan speed and direction accordingly, so I rarely change that manually.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QuantumFireball said:

I mainly just press Auto or Off, and turn on AC and set temperature as desired. In Auto mode it'll adjust fan speed and direction accordingly, so I rarely change that manually.

Ditto, Auto or off. the only adjustments I make to temperature are set it to 21 during the Winter and 19 Summer.

Can't remember if the Prius+ has controls on the MFD via the steering wheel buttons, the Gen 4 does, although it's probably quicker to use the buttons on the climate unit.

• Like 1

I have mine set to 21, all year round. Unless we get real extremes. Just press auto or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, iand12 said:

Since getting my new Prius plus in March this year I've been constantly surprised by how good it is. Not only do I find it very good on fuel consumption but it's so versatile that it's like owning several cars at once. My only complaint is the stupid heater controls, I REALLY don't like them at all. My last car was a C-HR and the heater controls on that are much more user friendly all round. The Prius controls are fiddly, annoying and are just too much hassle to use safely while driving. No, it's not enough to put me off the car, but enough to make me swear every time I have to adjust them while driving! Am I the only Prius owner who feels the same way?

Really like my Prius + 2017 to.

Very comfortable and nice car with good mpg.

Have no problem with the AC heater controls but...

I realy dont like the seat heater buttons. (if thats what's Your concern)

I tried to solve that problem like this (link below) and it helped me a lot

On 5/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, kithmo said:

Ditto, Auto or off. the only adjustments I make to temperature are set it to 21 during the Winter and 19 Summer.

Can't remember if the Prius+ has controls on the MFD via the steering wheel buttons, the Gen 4 does, although it's probably quicker to use the buttons on the climate unit.

At least at my facelifted 2017 Prius+ (and I believe "iand12" got the same version) you can change temperature with up and down arrow buttons and chose whether the air comes from outside or inside the car, on the steering wheel. But as far as I know, not change fan speed AC on/off etc.

10 hours ago, HSDish said:

At least at my facelifted 2017 Prius+ (and I believe "iand12" got the same version) you can change temperature with up and down arrow buttons and chose whether the air comes from outside or inside the car, on the steering wheel. But as far as I know, not change fan speed AC on/off etc.

Stop the print. Im sorry. I was wrong I mixed up things. Im ashamed.

It was my Prius Plug In 2015 that got those features on the steering wheel. See lowest pics below

Our Prius+ 2017 has no AC /temperature buttons on the steering wheel .

See the two first pictures below (one pic at AC panel too)

DSC_1165 (3).JPG

DSC_1167 (2).JPG

DSC_1162 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1