Do Not Sell My Personal Information

👍🏻 Fun - Post your corolla for no reason 👐🏻

PinkTiger89

9 hours ago, King Crimson said:

I so very much agree with you, i have the 17's which look nice (a bit too shiny for me though) but these 18's really make the car look so much better, it makes the corolla look even more sporty than it already is. I'm considering to get these wheels fitted to my corolla as well but i'm worried about the ride quality a bit, seeing that you also have the excel model how would you describe the ride quality? Would i notice any difference when going from the 17's to the 18's?

Hi George, I think you would notice the difference moving from 17-inch wheels to 18-inch ones, depending on the low-profile tyre you choose and probably other factors. I remember when I test drove the Corolla back in January that I was quite impressed with the good ride quality in the Excel HB that I drove. Not as firm and harsh as I thought it might be. That experience was reflected yesterday when I collected my new Corolla. I drove around 80 miles in three separate journeys yesterday and the ride quality and firmness was exactly as I remembered: very good indeed. Even on some of the potholed rural roads in this part of Berkshire, the Corolla gave a ride as good as I experienced with my Ford Focus on 17-inch wheels that weren't  particularly low profile by comparison. Different tyre brands though (Michelin) versus Falken on the Corolla.

Still, pleasantly impressed with ride comfort on this Excel model with 18 inch wheels.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, King Crimson said:

I so very much agree with you, i have the 17's which look nice (a bit too shiny for me though) but these 18's really make the car look so much better, it makes the corolla look even more sporty than it already is. I'm considering to get these wheels fitted to my corolla as well but i'm worried about the ride quality a bit, seeing that you also have the excel model how would you describe the ride quality? Would i notice any difference when going from the 17's to the 18's?

You might notice a difference but think the ride quality is fine. Last Wednesday while picking up bags for my sister-in-law who had been on the HS2 'Rebel Trail' I drove up this lane. The low clearance caused a couple of scrapes on the underside when the wheels dropped into potholes but it wasn't a rough ride overall. Thankfully coming back we took a slightly less primitive route through The Lees but they were still low grade roads and the car was fine.

• Like 3

Yes, I grounded the front end in a Devon lane a few days after picking mine up. Sickening! But luckily, it just grazed the bottom of the trim, not visible, Sort of made me realise why there are so many SUV's and 4 x 4's around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, Luke717 said:

I like the estate, too, greats specs and a lot for your money when compared to others in the class.

For me, though, the hatchback is the one. We don't have kids to transport - they grew up and moved on - just a couple of small grand-kids now and again. So we don't need the space and the back in the hatchback is perfect for small humans 😊 My wife doesn't drive much these days (roads full of loony drivers, she says, and she's not wrong!) so 90% of the time it's just me.

I would add that the hatchback is definitely not a good choice if you want to transport more than 2 adults and bags, etc - the TS is a better choice. The HB is a perfect dad or mum taxi for kids (and grand-kids), though.

Agreed on space here. I have to stuff my old TS to get 3 kids to Middlesbrough 😂never able to use RV mirror cos of all the bags 🙈 wouldn't change it for any other though

1 hour ago, PinkTiger89 said:

Agreed on space here. I have to stuff my old TS to get 3 kids to Middlesbrough 😂never able to use RV mirror cos of all the bags 🙈 wouldn't change it for any other though

Yeah. My previous cars were all Honda Jazz and space is one thing I did lose. A Jazz will carry four adults in reasonable comfort (I've taken friends on holiday with me in my Jazz). Enough luggage space for four adults as well if they are sensible. But I wouldn't want to transport adults in the back of my Corolla for long.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Yeah. My previous cars were all Honda Jazz and space is one thing I did lose. A Jazz will carry four adults in reasonable comfort (I've taken friends on holiday with me in my Jazz). Enough luggage space for four adults as well if they are sensible. But I wouldn't want to transport adults in the back of my Corolla for long.

Yeaaahhh i wouldn't want to spend time in the back of the corolla in my driving position either, although i have to say when i happend to sit in the back of a friends vw golf 7.5 (which is supposed to be the king in this class) i wasn't really that comfortable as my head was scraping at the sides and almost touching the roof, in the corolla it's just a bit worst as it has a lower roof line, i also hit my head when first trying to get in the back of the corolla as well lol.

23 hours ago, King Crimson said:

Yeaaahhh i wouldn't want to spend time in the back of the corolla in my driving position either, although i have to say when i happend to sit in the back of a friends vw golf 7.5 (which is supposed to be the king in this class) i wasn't really that comfortable as my head was scraping at the sides and almost touching the roof, in the corolla it's just a bit worst as it has a lower roof line, i also hit my head when first trying to get in the back of the corolla as well lol.

I'm 6' 2" (1.9m) and really struggled getting into the back of my Corolla HB. Definitely not a place for tall people! In the driver's seat, though, I fit like a glove: perfect seating grip, hands-to-wheel positioning and grip, comfortable positioning for legs and feet, terrific lumbar support. Among the prime reasons I bought the car; I don't intend to spend any time in the back ☺️

Yes, I've got a friend who is 6' 4". He is OK in the front, with the seat at it's lowest point, and his head has to remain in the space where the moon roof is, blind open! Otherwise, his hair brushes the interior. Not helped because the moon roof lowers the interior by almost 2 cm, so I understand.  I'm just 5' 10" , but I have to say, I would not want to be in the back seats for a long journey.  None of this is a problem for me, I love the car. I can that see a tall family would have to go for another option.

Yeap i'm 1.91 cm and i have my seat at the lowest setting and up front i'm really comfortable with no issues at all. When i had my father drive when i first bought my car i was sitting as a passenger up front and i had looooots of space even though the interior for some reason "jumps" out at you you don't feel uncomfortable at all and as many of my friends have said it felt like you were in a spaceship. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Few new pics of the TSport after a rare wash 😂

Decals from @RP__graphics on instagram if anyones interested 

20200810_193536.jpg

20200810_192202.jpg

IMG_20200528_170023_469.jpg

• Like 1