Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jap 8 seater MPV recommendation

toolapcblack

Hi been looking at a load of MPVs, some imports, anyone shed some light on this for me will use the vehicle for trips to the continent. The Toyota Previa Estima D4D looks like a good bet especially for fuel economy (I want reliability and goodish mpg as possible), Toyota Alphard, Nissan Elgrand Honda Stepwagon Elysion Odyessey?

what do you think

As you're on Toyota Owners Club, most recommendations will probably be for the Estima (originally sold in Europe as the Previa) or the Alphard. The Estima is more common.

Forums: https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/209-toyota-estima-forum/

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/206-toyota-alphard-forum/

all sound choices I guess....but (as Mike says) for me it would always be the Estima or Alphard.

I've had my Estima 4 years now and it simply hasn't put a foot wrong...only requiring the ususal service items that you'd expect of any vehicle....utterly reliable.

I doubt you could go far wrong with any of then tbh so it's down to personal choice.

Good luck

The Estima is the one for me as well I'm afraid, but I'm biased anyway. Best  to research each one you fancy and which suits your needs then  once you've narrowed it down try and test drive. As has been discussed here before check how the rear seats fold if you need floor space some arrangements might not suit your requirements. Good luck with your search.

That's a good call about the seating, Tony...mine is in 7 seat format and that wouldn't suit the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

so i found one im quite interested in its a 03 estima diesel manual with very low mileage less than 25k, it has a 2.4 engine, only trouble is its a fair distance from me. is anyone familiar with this one? cambelt or chain on the engine stuff to watch out for? mileage seems really low

Cheers

I assume that must be the 2 litre with turbo.?..5 speed box.?..I'm not at all sure but I suspect that'll be a cambelt engine.

Wouldn't have thought there would be many of those around.?...but yes, that is low mileage, particularly for a diesel.

Hi just got this back from the garage "Sorry car is not Diesel Manual advert wrong ???" talk about squashing ones hopes of good mpg

Maybe the Estima is not the vehicle for you.?....you are never going to get sparkling mpg from this type of vehicle.

Depends on your expectations I guess.

I would have stuck to petrol anway.