Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't be stupid 😁

Boris 76

Hey everyone, how are you? 

I recently bought a 2011 Avensis T27 2.0 diesel.

I originally wanted a 535.M Sport Touring, but my mechanic kindly talked me out of it  saying : Don't be stupid!

So I looked further for an A6 3.0 Audi and I accidentally stumbled upon the Avensis. What cough my eye was the Sport design and the level of equipment ( full to the brim). But most of all the mileage (43. 000) the state of the car and the price. (5700 £ serviced, MOT'd, new brake pads and discs, new front tires, one year road tax payed). 

Since then I've been blown away with the car. There were some minor issues with worn tires, sorted with wheel alignment and new tires, and a very scratched windshield. Still needs sorting out... 

The car was doing 33.MPG combined which worried me. After the alignment and tire change it went up to 44. Mpg!!!

And I have a family of 4.  a big dog and a very heavy foot 😁 

My questions here on the forum are :

Is it worth remapping the engine considering the risk of engine damage.

Would a sports exhaust / air filter and other small parts improve performance .

And is there a way of slightly improving handling without big investments. 

I would also like to put bigger wheels on it, but that will have to wait until the the "Apocalypse" is over... 

Thanks 

Boris 

DSC_0519.JPG

DSC_0453.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis club

• Like 1

Toyota is certainly a sensible car. I've had 3 in total and they have been the  most reliable. 

Unable to help with remap question as I don't know enough. 

Changing to performance exhaust/Air filter will gain a few bhp but it will increase in noise, personally I don't think the cost of parts, noise and insurance increase are worth it. 

Regarding handling, the cheapest method I have done is to increase the width of the tyres by 20mm when it comes to change them. Obviously decrease the aspect ratio of the sidewall so it's still within tolerance of the Speedo for your car. 

• Like 1

Hi,

If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Thank you Dan.

No issues so far,  but if anything changes I will possibly contact you. 

Best Boris 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links