Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2020

Rav4hybrid

I installed a module so my folding mirrors would work when I turn the car off and lock and unlock the car.

100% plug and play

Before I had to use the switch too fold them in everytime with the car on.

I ordered it here.

https://tracelectronics.com.au/shop/auto-folding-mirror-module-suits-toyota-rav4-2019-onward/

Hi

Sorry I'm confused i thought that the mirrors auto folded when locked on all models ?

The OP is in either Australia or New Zealand, so specs may be different to UK models.

• Like 1

Is it on all UK rav 4 hybrid models the mirrors auto fold on locking and unlocking car?

The topic relates to the latest Rav4 from 2019 onwards.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, griff279 said:

Hi

Sorry I'm confused i thought that the mirrors auto folded when locked on all models ?

The UK brochure listed auto-retractable mirrors for Icon model and above.

For the 2019 Rav 4 Hybrid Dynamic model, there's already a 3-position switch on the driver's door handle.  When set to the left position, the mirrors are folded. The center position is the automatic mode which either folds or extends the mirrors when locking or unlocking the doors.  The right position extends the mirrors.

I'm not sure if this feature is fitted on the other hybrid models.

• 8 months later...

I just got a new 2020 RAV4 GXL Hybrid here in Australia  and like to know if the side mirrors are meant to retract automatically after switching off the vehicle, or do I have do click the manual switch for this to happen?

Mine retract automatically when I lock the car but I am in the Uk. What spec is provided for the Australian spec rav4 I really don’t know.

Individual importers decide on the specs of models they sell - Australian specs could well be different to those in the UK, where Toyota Owners Club is based

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links