Sign in to follow this  
nottsmark

Apple car play randomly disconnecting.

Hi I have a 20 plate aygo x trend and a Apple iPhone 11. I have tried numerous brand new usb cables, and the satnav ( both Apple and google maps) and Spotify will randomly cut out with bends, bumps and sometimes just at random.

it kicks back in again after 30 secs, but if you’re relying on the sat nag it’s a bit of a problem.

Does anyone else have similar problems??

Can you tell us what version of software your headunit is running:

Turn on ignition

Press setup button on screen

Press General button on screen

Scroll down and press Software version on screen

You should see three software versions:

Audio, OS1 & OS2

Hi @nottsmark, my 69 plate aygo has been doing the same for some time now, sometimes disabling album art solves the problem but as of late it has become frequent to the point where I’m not using it as it shuts down the system turning off everything including the reversing camera for 30 seconds like you said.

I’ll also obtain my software version as you have mentioned @Devon Aygo, any help would be appreciated.

Just as an update, I took the car into the dealer feeling the socket was the problem, I’ve just bought a quite short higher quality cable and it now seems to be behaving itself.