Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Engine at Morning

Haitham Mohamed

i'm having Toyota Avensis 2008 1.6L engine

At the morning i startup the engine it's sound normal but i would like to listen to this video i capture it while i'm starting the engine i hear a weird noise which not noticeable while the hood is closed

i would like it normal ?

if anyone noticed there a small sound of ticking at the end of the video

Soundly a bit rattly, like an engine that has done many miles. My 1.8 has done 85K miles and is much quieter than that. I cannot hear the ticking noise you mention.

4 hours ago, sproutdreamer said:

Soundly a bit rattly, like an engine that has done many miles. My 1.8 has done 85K miles and is much quieter than that. I cannot hear the ticking noise you mention.

i don't know but i hear it after the startup, if you listen carefully, i guess you will hear it, about the rattle it's a cold engine start so it's 

sound load and as you know when the car startup at the morning the rpm is at 1800 ~ 2000 rpm 

here is after engine reaches to the operating temperature

On 6/1/2020 at 1:08 AM, Haitham Mohamed said:

i don't know but i hear it after the startup, if you listen carefully, i guess you will hear it, about the rattle it's a cold engine start so it's 

sound load and as you know when the car startup at the morning the rpm is at 1800 ~ 2000 rpm 

here is after engine reaches to the operating temperature

Hi check inlet manifold for cracks or damage they crack on the bottom and make a rattle also if the engine is high mileage and it makes a knocking noise moreso from the bottom then you could be looking at a set of worn bearings mine has 400000km and my bearings are shot makes a rattle when revving when hot or fully warm