Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

mystery double-beep

irahim

I just bought a used Yaris 2012 TR auto and I love it...lovely car to drive and very economical compared to our huge Previa.

I noticed a couple of beeps that sound intermittently just v occasionally, They aren't the warning for the upcoming traffic cams from the satnav,,,these are v subtle. Cant think what it is. Any idea?

4 hours ago, irahim said:

I just bought a used Yaris 2012 TR auto and I love it...lovely car to drive and very economical compared to our huge Previa.

I noticed a couple of beeps that sound intermittently just v occasionally, They aren't the warning for the upcoming traffic cams from the satnav,,,these are v subtle. Cant think what it is. Any idea?

Could be lane departure warning, or over the speed limit warning.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:33 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Could be lane departure warning, or over the speed limit warning.

Not on a 2012, safety sense was an option from 2014 onwards, 2017 onwards had safety sense C

Does it sound like an alarm clock ? If so it's the hand brake, you can test it by pulling away with the handbrake on 2-3 clicks

It's not made clear whether it's a built in satnav or standalone portable unit?

• 1 month later...

I have the standard Touch&Go SatNav system built in....I know the beeps for the camera but these are more subtle and not when I'm driving fast - usually when approaching a roundabout or junction.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links