Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Yaris Seats

Irfan akram

Hi how difficult is it to put t sport seats in made in France car is it a hard job or straight swap 

It's certainly possible to do, I've put them in my French built 2003 1.0 Yaris. I came across a couple of issues:

- First of all, the seats in French built cars are secured using Torx (T45 I believe) bolts. These didn't want to move and I rounded a couple of bolts, but I managed to get most of them out using some Irwin bolt grip extractors. There was one that was very difficult to access because it was deep inside the seat rail - I got a local garage to weld a nut onto the bolt and get the bolt out that way (cost me £5 I think). I bought a new set of bolts from Toyota's eBay shop (link to eBay item here). For reference, the part number for these bolts is 9014810002.

- Once I got the seats out, the seats wouldn't easily fit in. The locating pins on the seat rails wouldn't meet up with the holes in the floor. Just angle grind one of the pins - you can leave one of the pins and it's a dream to put the seats in and out.

- I found it better to have a washer between the seat bolt heads and the seat rails - the bolt heads were only just bigger than the holes they go through in the seat rails, so it seemed good practice to put a washer between them to prevent any issues later on.

So overall, they fit but it takes a bit of work! I found getting the old bolts out the most annoying - they didn't want to budge! All that being said, I'd say it's worth putting the seats in - they provide so much more support because the bolsters are so much better than the standard seats - I no longer have to use my knee to brace myself as I'm going through a roundabout!

Only the front seats will fit, you will need to grind of the locating pins.

You want to take the bolts out with an impact screwdriver or impact or they will 100% strip.

So have new bolts or T-Sport bolts ready.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links