Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla lights Logic !

flyphil

Hi I'm here again.

I have just worked out how the lights work on my Corolla, except for one thing.

When the lights are off, in daylight, the instruments are brightly lit. However when you switch the lights on, they are heavily dimmed, so much so, that in daylight you can no longer see the instrument indications. The logic being that at night, when the lights are on, the dimmed instruments are visible no problem.

However, what about when it rains during the day, and you are required to have the lights on??

Am I missing something, or is there a way of adjusting the instrument illumination ??  

One can adjust the instrument lighting level. 

With the ignition on, and the side lights on, press the odometer button until you see a series of dashes displayed on the instrument panel. Holding the button in the dashes will cycle through - the fewer dashes displayed the dimmer the lighting, the more dashes displayed the brighter the lighting. Think there are about six levels of brightness.

• Like 2

Ahhh Wow thanks Frosty!

I will go and try it now. Phil

• Like 1

Perfect now Frosty, thanks for your help.

Also started giving it a proper clean. Such a lot of crud on the interior!

20 hours ago, flyphil said:

Hi I'm here again.

I have just worked out how the lights work on my Corolla, except for one thing.

When the lights are off, in daylight, the instruments are brightly lit. However when you switch the lights on, they are heavily dimmed, so much so, that in daylight you can no longer see the instrument indications. The logic being that at night, when the lights are on, the dimmed instruments are visible no problem.

However, what about when it rains during the day, and you are required to have the lights on??

Am I missing something, or is there a way of adjusting the instrument illumination ??  

Haha this used to annoy me too. Had to google it myself. It will reset every time your Battery is disconnected just so ya know 👌🏻

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links