Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing

bathtub tom

Just serviced the Yaris. Found the cabin filter was installed upside-down. What's so difficult to understand about UP and an arrow? Where do they find these clowns? I was charged sixteen quid (plus VAT) for the privilege of having it incorrectly installed at a main dealer. New one was seven quid, delivered.

I wonder why I service it myself.

Pretty sure they have the junior techs doing stuff like servicing. It's the simplest jobs they have so makes sense for them to start learning on oil changes, filter changes etc.

Be grateful they even changed it at all 😄

18 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Just serviced the Yaris. Found the cabin filter was installed upside-down. What's so difficult to understand about UP and an arrow? Where do they find these clowns? I was charged sixteen quid (plus VAT) for the privilege of having it incorrectly installed at a main dealer. New one was seven quid, delivered.

I wonder why I service it myself.

16 hours ago, m4rkw said:

Pretty sure they have the junior techs doing stuff like servicing. It's the simplest jobs they have so makes sense for them to start learning on oil changes, filter changes etc.

Be grateful they even changed it at all 😄

Yes, apprentices are generally used for the minor service tasks, but they have to be adequately trained and supervised. So you paid for a job which was not carried out properly and I wouldn’t be a bit grateful at all. In fact I would have returned to the dealership showed them the error, made them install the filter correctly and asked for a refund of the labour costs.

I had a brand new Austin Allegro as a company car (shows my age). Drove it from Birmingham to Scotland after two weeks.

Oil warning light came on   during corner  so stopped. (it went out again when car stopped but engine idling)

Discovered  engine sump drain plug was one turn from falling off- wobbling on threads.

Tightened by hand and drove 30 miles very carefully to Montrose where main dealer tightened it and added iirc 3 pints oil...

Quality control? What 's that? 

Not to mention:

roof paint peeling

Hydrospastic suspension leaked and did not suspend.

Door handle fell off.

Washer pump failed..

Good thing u checked! I wouldn't have as would trust the garage to do a correct job. This saved u from breathing in dust!

Recently changed the cabin and air filter myself. Unless the car need a dealer/garage service to maintain the warranty, I do simple tasks myself. Use a national garage for the oil and filter change as I don't have the facility/equipment to do this. 

Oil, oil filter, cabin and air filter cost less than 60 quids. Would save 25 if I can do the oil change myself. 

The filters are pleated,  it will still do the job just less efficiently

most dealers employ parts fitters not technicians