Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox oil change

Paul kilkeny

Hi can anyone tell me how to change gear box oil on 2011 Toyota avencess 2.0 diesel a video would be great 

I am servicing my car and want to change the gear box oil it’s 6 speed manual gear box 

Split into new topic and moved to the Avensis club.

You need to identify the fill and drain plugs on the gearbox. Make sure the car is level to fill it. Make sure you can open the fill plug. If you can't open that, do not open the drain. Once you get to that stage, put your oil drain pan under the drain plug and remove it. After the old oil has drained, replace the drain plug and refill the gearbox with fresh oil through the fill hole. Fill it until the oil just begins to weep out of the fill hole when the car is standing level. Replace the fill plug. Check for leaks. Take a short drive using all gears and check again for leaks. Filling can be very awkward, you need to check that you can access the fill hole with your oil before you start. A funnel and PVC hose can be used to fill from above.

I will be changing the gear box in a pit is that the best way to do this also when do you usually change the gear box oil ?