Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon advice?

solenoid

Hello all,

Had my aircon recharged at Kwik-Fit around 2 weeks ago, it started going back to spewing out hot air again, so I went back to another branch to explain the situation and they said there is a leak (albeit they said there was no detected leak when I got it recharged at the previous branch). They showed us by a UV torch to show that there was an actual leak, they said I needed a new pipe. Found one eBay, got it delivered but the pipes are bent badly (see picture). So now I'm going to my local Toyota Parts centre to buy one and planning to fit it myself as it looks pretty straightforward.

Can anyone advise me on where I can get this part for cheaper? Toyota quoted me £168.58 (yikes).

Thanks in advance for all for your help.

mOOsa2u.jpg

the lines are not cheap new, i wouldn't trust kwikfit to change a light bulb - to fit the line you need to evacuate the system

without looking it up its either the high pressure or low pressure fill line

as long as the line isn't kinked you can bend it back into shape

edit. there are 2 lines listed with different size fittings

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

the lines are not cheap new, i wouldn't trust kwikfit to change a light bulb - to fit the line you need to evacuate the system

without looking it up its either the high pressure or low pressure fill line

as long as the line isn't kinked you can bend it back into shape

Yeah, never going to kwikfit ever again, forgot to mention but they didn't bother putting the valve caps back on either, so I am now missing two valve caps for the High and Low pressure pipes! Its got an 'H' on the cap of the pipe, so I assume its the high pressure pipe?

I don't really want to bend it back in place as I don't want to run the risk of cracking the pipe in the process. The seller I purchased it from has agreed for a full refund of it anyway so better to go that route I guess.