Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smartphone connection failure

Elenach

Hello everyone,

First time owning a toyota, I just bought an Aygo Xplay 2019.

I've been trying to connect my huawei phone with usb cable to my car, so I can use MAPS on my touch screen but when I press connect at the set up menu, it shows that its searching and then nothing happens

Any idea how to do that? 

i watched so many videos in youtube but nothing worked out.

Thanks

Can you post a picture of your headunit please?

and when i press Connect, it says searching for connection 

It doesnt give me any option to pick smartphone or nav

car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-aygo-peugeot-108-citroen-c1-3.jpg

Can you connect with a usb cable? That's how I do it with my 2020 plate aygo

Yes, thats how im doing it. I connect my phone with a usb cable and it's only charging the phone.. May i ask what kind of phone are you using and which app?

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

Can you connect with a usb cable? That's how I do it with my 2020 plate aygo

Yes, thats how im doing it. I connect my phone with a usb cable and it's only charging the phone.. May i ask what kind of phone are you using and which app?

14 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Can you post a picture of your headunit please?

I replied above (forgot to reply directly to your post)

3 hours ago, Elenach said:

iPhone 8, when I was choosing my new phone, I made sure it was a compatible one with the aygo. Mine uses Apple car play so I don't need to use an app.

18 hours ago, Elenach said:

and when i press Connect, it says searching for connection 

It doesnt give me any option to pick smartphone or navi

car-camera-connection-cable-to-toyota-aygo-peugeot-108-citroen-c1-3.jpg

Your headunit is the the earlier x-touch and does not support Apple carplay nor Android Auto it does support Mirrorlink which requires you to have MirroRlink compatible apps installed see HERE

14 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Your headunit is the the earlier x-touch and does not support Apple carplay nor Android Auto it does support Mirrorlink which requires you to have MirroRlink compatible apps installed see HERE

I see.. In the car's book it is mentioned that mirrorlink is supported same as Apple carplay though. Today A friend of mine connected his iPhone x and it worked properly by downloading Appincar. So I guess I'll have to buy a new phone as well!! 

43 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

Iphone 8, when I was choosing my new phone, I made sure it was a compatible one with the aygo. Mine uses apple car play so I don't need to use an app.

I didn't know that I'd had an issue with the phone I already have. My friend though connected his iPhone in my car and it worked, by downloading Appincar 

• 2 years later...

2019 Aygo x play CarPlay will not connect, my phone connects via bluetooth, Siri works but nothing for CarPlay... I have a brand new Apple charging cord and my phone is set up properly. I tried everything to no avail then finally noticed that the USB port was not even charging my phone... can it be that the USB port is the issue? I understand that in this model CarPlay does not connect via bluetooth but only from direct connection to usb. Is there a fuse? How can I repair the USB port?