Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

feels like ive been shafted

bus72

so short version i bought a 2008 rav from an independent dealer last month, car came with full service upto date. so  about a week ago low oil light came on i topped up to the marks with oil and now today on my way home the low pressure light came on and went out ive got home let car cool and dipped oil and once again it was low. i feel sick

Hi

Sorry to hear what's happened, that is not what you want when you buy a new car.

Unless there's more to the story I would try not to jump to the conclusion you have been shafted, there's every chance the dealer didn't know there was a potential oil leak/issue. Have you spoken to them, if so what did they say?

If they are a good dealer they will take the car back to try and identify the issue and fix it but I'd start by checking the sump plug, oil filter are tight and no obvious sign of a leak.

As above...contact the supplying dealer and see what he's willing/able to do...did you have any warranty with the sale.?

Fundamental question. Is it burning the oil or leaking it? A leak could be a simple fix but if its being burnt you should try to reject the car completely.

The last service may have used the wrong oil, a lot of the thin oils used on modern cars are too thin for older engines and will rapidly burn it.

Sounds like you maybe have not contacted the garage and let them know and fix the problem. So get in touch and let them fix it. If they then ask u for some payment towards the repair, throw the sales of good act at them. U don't pay anything and can get your full refund under the law. 

would just like to say a big thankyou to all those who have responded to my post, some helpful opinions and advise that has helped me to take a breath and adopt a calm

approach to enable me to deal with the issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links