Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My first topic - great oil loss that leaded to the destruction of my Yaris engine.

TasosYaris2009

I have owned from 11-2009 an unleaded petrol-powered Toyota Yaris 1.33 cc - 101 hps - Sol plus, purchased from a Greek dealership in Athens, which throughout its warranty made the necessary service in time to authorized services. Due to the fact that it is my first car, I did not have the knowledge in the first years that I had to check the level of liquids and oil of the vehicle myself, between the services, so these checks were done only by the authorized technicians in each scheduled service.

The seventh year , when the warranty of my car expired, it was the first time I had thought about something about the car and I had to visit an authorized workshop before the scheduled service, when the oil lamp on an uphill light came on and it was found that it had emptied almost all the oil. of the engine.

Communicating with technicians in the authorized workshops, I realized that before the vehicle reached such a point of oil loss, it had started to lose oil earlier, but not to such an extent that I realized it earlier than the service, alone.

After contacting several technicians at the authorized workshops, I concluded that the vehicle should have started to lose oil earlier, regardless of the fact that they did not write it in the notes of the service book, nor did they mention it to me.

When I asked the dealerships how the problem should be handled, the answer was that the engine should be dismantled and repaired or, in the event of a major failure, replaced, which would cost more than 700 to 1,000 and more, according to estimates. plus euros. However, my engineers, if I had realized this before the warranty expired, I would have enjoyed the engine failure free of charge.

More than four years have passed since then due to the business trips I make and the fact that I live in another city, I check almost every day and refill the engine oil and service many authorized and non-authorized Toyota garages, however The condition of the vehicle is deteriorating more and more, with the need to refill oils on each trip (at least 1 liter of oil 15-40, every 200-300 km). I have also damaged spark plugs, every few months. Now, the engine does not function normally and some times makes retargeting. Finally, car engineers agree that if I don't change the engine in my car, it will stop working completely.

In all the workshops that monitor the car and I have talked to the craftsmen or the owners of the workshops, I find that I am not the only owner of Toyota Yaris of this period, which is facing such a serious problem, while they even mentioned that a large number of engines in Yaris and Auris of the same period nationwide, present this problem.

Searching the internet, I found that the specific problem of the engines of this period also refers to a relevant Wikipedia entry (https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris).

On the contrary, in the same search, I did not find on the part of Toyota or the importer in Greece, that there is a recall of models and their repair for free, as happened in my vehicle for possible damage to the passenger airbag, where I received a letter three years ago. for free replacement of this airbag.

I am writing this message to confirm whether the problem I am facing has been addressed by other Toyota owners and in case of yes, what solution they have chosen, if they have contacted the importer and what answer they have received.

• Like 1

Hello Tasos, welcome to the club. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Oil burning on the 1.33L is a widely reported issue and seems to be a design fault. My Auris is a 2010 model and has seen 4 litres added in the last 2 months, mileage is only 67k. I agree that it is not a good situation.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links