Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Rav 4 roof bars

Conmcn

Hi everyone

I have just bought a Rav 4 2016 Mark 4 without roof rails. I need to get a set of fixed point roof bars as soon as possible. Does anyone on here have a set of genuine Toyota bars they are willing to sell? If not can any of you recommend a set of aftermarket bars that are very close to the original ones? Ideally I'd like a set of genuine ones but can't afford to pay the full price of a new set! Alternatively a decent set of aftermarket roof rails and cross bars. I've looked on eBay and most of the offerings look pretty poor really.

Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Moved to the Rav4 club.

42 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Moved to the Rav4 club.

Thanks Frostyballs, I'm a newbie so apologies for putting it in the wrong section

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293428870054

I saw the above set of rails on eBay and the guy said he would do me an offer on the rails and cross bars shown in the photos. 

what’s your opinion on them? Do they look like the factory fit rails? I’m very tempted as they look ok and the guy assured me they will fit ok

46B4FA42-19DE-4BAF-95BA-D93E8888EADE.jpeg

Try to find breaking cars on eBay, gumtree, they can have these rails... 

4 hours ago, VitaliC said:

Try to find breaking cars on ebay, gumtree, they can have these rails... 

I’ve checked local breakers and breaker link too but no joy. If anyone has a set they don’t need please pm me. Any thoughts on the eBay set anyone?

14 hours ago, VitaliC said:

Try to find breaking cars on ebay, gumtree, they can have these

I was just about to give up when I came across a car on eBay. Does anyone know if rails off a 2017 TOYOTA RAV4 2.5 HYBRID ELECTRIC VVT-I EXCEL AWD will fit my 2016 MK 4?

Sorry about all the posts I just don’t want to get it wrong and be stuck with a set of rails I can’t use cause they don’t fit!

Well you live and learn! The aftermarket roof rails aren’t great so I took them off as fast as they went on! Back to looking for fixed point cross bars or real rails from a breaker 

I realise this is just me ranting to myself but can anyone tell me why Toyota don’t have fixed point cross bars for a 2016 Rav 4! I phoned Toyota and the parts guy said I’d have to buy a set of roof rails £350 and a set of cross bars which are £160. Totally crazy to spend over £500 to accommodate a surfboard or a roof box! I think I’ve sourced a set of used rails from a breakers but can’t understand their logic on this one. If the rails fit I’ll look for a half decent aftermarket set of cross bars. Has anyone any suggestions? 

• 5 weeks later...

Hope you get sorted no wonder we call them stealers instead of dealers, I've found that you either pay the dealership money or in my case I just suck it up and wait until something turns up at the breakers, I've had to send to England quite a few times for parts but at least on eBay the breakers normally send oem parts and if it's not right you can return it, hopefully you're all sorted now but I can't believe they were not on your car to begin with I went to York to get my RAV4 because i couldn't get the spec I wanted 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links