Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change waterpump on T25 1adftv

Kristiaj

Need to change water pump on my 08 Avensis with d4d/1adftv engine. It looks a lttle tight. What needs to come of to get to the waterpump out? Servopump?

I changed the water pump on my Avensis 2AD-FHV.  Here are the pictures, maybe it will be helpful. 

Thank you! Why did you have to remove top engine mounting? Do you think this have to be done on 1adftv?

I removed it to give me more room to work.  I don't know if you will need to remove it or not.  Are there no videos on youtube?

Ok. I can only find video and instructions for the 2.2l version. But it looks very similar to my 2.0l engine so I will give it a try. Toyota shop want $600 for the job, so I think its worth doing myself. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Stivino said:

$?

Yes.

I just picked a more universal currency. Actually it was 6600NOK, converts to 707USD to be precise.

Having just change the water pump on my 1.8 Valvematic, it seem the petrol variants are a little more easier to work on, compared to the diesel variants. It's mainly spanner job. 

Here are some videos I found on YouTube 

From the videos and Stephen's comments, the engine mount has to be removed for better access. 

I paid £75.48 for the water pump kit, Toyota red coolant and de-ionised water all in, and did the work myself. I had a spare belt, so fitted that.  

Thank you. Yes it's a little more complicated on diesel engine.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a little difficult to reach one of the bolts. But it went ok, did not need to remove engine mount.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links