Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Noise at bite

vanadeo

Hey guys.

Just got my 2008 yaris back and it's needed a few things doing to it.. Runs fine now, apart from a bad NS rear wheel bearing (sorting it end of this week). one other thing that has been on my mind though, and I'm wondering if anyone has had the same sounds xD.. I've noticed, mostly in 1st or reverse when under load at the biting point (More so in reverse, up an incline) I get this really odd sort of like an electric motor noise, It is intermittent.. or like next door neighbour drilling through a wall but not as loud... Put it this way, It doesn't sound right.

I was worried it might have been the rivets from the clutch plate rubbing against the flywheel but the clutch bites like a !Removed!, no slipping. Other than that the car is fine. I must have covered 200 miles in it but a strange noise is always summet for bleedin concern >.>.

May I add that I also noticed some clutch judder as well.

Cheers for any info on this folks!.

Did you replace the clutch release bearing? Odd noises when the clutch bites usually mean bearing is worn.

Ey up. I think it still has original clutch and so on, which means that bearing is still original at nearly 83000 miles. It does sound more like a bearing to be honest.. I'm guessing I might as well have the clutch replaced at same time with that one then. How long do you reckon that will last for?. I don't hear it all the time, as I say it's intermittent.

If you are going to change the bearing, it would be stooopid not to change the pressure plate.and clutch plate...

(My son had a 1.0 Yaris of 2001 which had done over 140k miles on the original clutch but it juddered badly on starts..)

4 hours ago, Madasafish said:

If you are going to change the bearing, it would be stooopid not to change the pressure plate.and clutch plate...

(My son had a 1.0 Yaris of 2001 which had done over 140k miles on the original clutch but it juddered badly on starts..)

Yep renew clutch plate, pressure plate release bearing on a car of that mileage. It makes perfect sense 

Don't leave it too long, if its the rivets on a badly worn clutch plate, they will score up the flywheel, which will need replacing as well (ouch).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links