Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

early wear on aygo discs & pads

Ray Norris

So you could have got at least another 10k miles out of them.
Nah maybe 5-8k

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

On 7/12/2020 at 5:06 PM, TotallyToto said:

My first MOT with 16,000 miles, advisory to replace front discs £245,00,,WOW.. 

Buy the part online for 50-60£ and get a mechanic to change it, probably another 60. 

Buy the part online for 50-60£ and get a mechanic to change it, probably another 60. 
I doubt it would be £60 maybe per hour

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I took my 2015 car with just under 20,000 very gentle miles for an mot yesterday, the tester showed me the discs, well worn on the inner faces. I assume that they were fine last year at 17,000.

There is a known issue with the Aygo and Yaris iirc there is even a TSB its not just a Toyota thing either, the compound of the pads is too hard and it eats the disc's i have had success with mintex pads

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, KC1961 said:

I took my 2015 car with just under 20,000 very gentle miles for an mot yesterday, the tester showed me the discs, well worn on the inner faces. I assume that they were fine last year at 17,000.

I've ordered Delphi discs and pads, be interesting to see how they last.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, KC1961 said:

As far as I'm aware MOT advisories are given at the discretion of the tester. So the discs may have shown signs of wear the previous year, but the tester didn't raise them as an advisory.

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware MOT advisories are given at the discretion of the tester. So the discs may have shown signs of wear the previous year, but the tester didn't raise them as an advisory.

I think you're right about the advisories, however the car was tested at a main dealer who I would've expected to be looking to make any ££££££££££s they could. 

16 minutes ago, KC1961 said:

I think you're right about the advisories, however the car was tested at a main dealer who I would've expected to be looking to make any ££££££££££s they could. 

Not necessarily - of the five cars we've had since 2012, all have been main dealer serviced and 3 of gone through the first MOT and 2 through the first and second MOT with no advisories (although I wouldn't expect advisories on the first MOT).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links