Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 hatchback hybrid speed camera sounds and apps help needed

Bobby stagg

Hi, long time Toyota owner but new hybrid owner. I have two questions I hope you can help with as I've tried everything I can think of. First issue, I can't get any kind of speed camera warning sound working. I've turned everything on like speed limit warning and guidance. The speed cameras pop up on the display in the middle but no sound.

The next issue is when I click apps on the settings page only the estore shows up. If I click it, a second page pops up with only the estore showing and saying installed. How do I add more apps? This issue isn't really a big deal but the speed camera one is very annoying as I know the setting is somewhere but I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The second issue is easy to explain. There are no apps in the estore. Jam tomorrow!

On 6/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, Bobby stagg said:

Hi, long time Toyota owner but new hybrid owner. I have two questions I hope you can help with as I've tried everything I can think of. First issue, I can't get any kind of speed camera warning sound working. I've turned everything on like speed limit warning and guidance. The speed cameras pop up on the display in the middle but no sound.

There's an on/off setting for "Beep"  under Setup on the Navigation unit. I take it you've tried that? I imagine that would cover speed camera sounds. It's quite a gentle double beep for this situation.

Incidentally, I swear that not all cameras in my area (and there are lots of them) trigger a beep. I don't know why that is. So bear that in mind if you only have a couple round your way.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:57 AM, Velvet--Glove said:

There's an on/off setting for "Beep"  under Setup on the Navigation unit. I take it you've tried that? I imagine that would cover speed camera sounds. It's quite a gentle double beep for this situation.

Incidentally, I swear that not all cameras in my area (and there are lots of them) trigger a beep. I don't know why that is. So bear that in mind if you only have a couple round your way.

I'll give that a try tomorrow. I think I can remember seeing the beep option but thought that was to beep when pressing the screen. That's what beep on off meant on my yaris.  I'll let you know tomorrow if it's worked 😉

22 hours ago, Bobby stagg said:

I'll give that a try tomorrow. I think I can remember seeing the beep option but thought that was to beep when pressing the screen. That's what beep on off meant on my yaris.  I'll let you know tomorrow if it's worked 😉

Thank you so much, it now works. Shame it now beeps every time I touch the touch screen but I can live with that. Weird why they put those two options under the same switch. But the speed camera warning beeps now. 😊 thanks again for your help

Hi Bobby

I am not a big fan of Toyota apps and software that comes with the 2019 hybrid Corolla. I really have little patience with software where the learning curve is steepish. There were a number of issues with the Toyota satnav that quite frankly drove me barmy and to make matters worse they were simple ones that should not have been there in the first place, which is typically a sign of over engineering. Anyway the answer to my problems was relatively simple I installed an Apple app on my iPhone called Waze. which talked to my Apple connected Toshiba multimedia screen. This app is far better than my previous TOMTOM  sat nav i have used for many years. I am pretty certain there is an equivalent version for Android. The WAZE app gives better definition/warnings etc on the display screen than the Toyota offering and it responds to voice commands whats not to like.

Hi Bobby

I forgot to mention the WAZE app is completely free and it makes our government look completely stupid with their constant promises of a track and trace system for the current Covid19 virus epidemic. You may well ask how ?  well believe it or not WAZE can actually track and trace potholes in the road never mind speed cameras such average speed etc. which it warns you well in advance before you pass them not that i am advocating that you brake the speed limits.😉 Not sure about speed vans though as normally the sudden slow down of local traffic gives you a hint of an alien in the vicinity.

4 hours ago, Louie said:

Hi Bobby

I forgot to mention the WAZE app is completely free and it makes our government look completely stupid with their constant promises of a track and trace system for the current Covid19 virus epidemic. You may well ask how ?  well believe it or not WAZE can actually track and trace potholes in the road never mind speed cameras such average speed etc. which it warns you well in advance before you pass them not that i am advocating that you brake the speed limits.😉 Not sure about speed vans though as normally the sudden slow down of local traffic gives you a hint of an alien in the vicinity.

Oh now, hang on.

Maintaining a database of the locations of potholes which after all don't move and using it to warn drivers is trivial. It's a minor extension of the basic feature set of any navigation system (potholes are just features of roads the same as junctions are).

Being able to warn someone that they previously came into close contact with someone who has subsequently discovered they are infectious is a whole other undertaking. It requires telephones to do something they were never designed to do (measuring the distance between each other). It requires them to maintain a list of telephones that that they have come into 'close' contact with (something they'd never normally do). It requires some system to notify telephones of their historic close proximity to a suspect telephone.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for calling our government stupid (not just over track and trace and covering every government I've ever known which is all of them for the last forty years). But holding Waze up as an example is simply not valid. Waze isn't doing anything nearly as complicated as track and trace and is using your telephone exactly as it was always intended. Waze is basically a trivial application, that uses long established techniques. Track and trace apps are non-trivial and are on the cutting edge (probably beyond the cutting edge) of what current mobile telephones are capable of.

• Like 4

I did not realise this was a forum for political discussion however what i said about WAZE was meant to be said in jest . I am come from an IT programming background Cobol

C++ Fortran etc and currently Python so i know how this stuff works. What makes me a bit angry is people in power who cant get their act together in time the end result being a huge catastrophe for me, you and the public at a large. This is a very emotive subject  for me (having been a Covid 19 casualty and i was one of the lucky ones)so this is something i will no longer comment on.

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bobby stagg said:

Thank you so much, it now works. Shame it now beeps every time I touch the touch screen but I can live with that. Weird why they put those two options under the same switch. But the speed camera warning beeps now. 😊 thanks again for your help

Hi ,

I have the same problem,but having the "Beep" turned on does not make any difference,it may be my hearing,but I can hear all the other beeps!

does anyone know how to increase the volume on this particular beep?