Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr valve on 2009 1.4 vvti

Cian

Simply question, anyone able to tell me where the egr valve is located on a 2009 auris 1.4 vvti?

Is the EGR Valve not on the 1.4D Auris?

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Is it a 1.4 or a 1.33 (which was launched Nov 2008)?

It's listed as Auris 1.4 Luna 08, 2009, technically I think it's 1398cc

What are you planning to do with the EGR valve if you can locate it? 

Well the car has been stalling a bit at idle and at low rpm and after doing a little research I saw it may need to be cleaned out 

Hi, EGR’s are usually located on or near exhaust manifold. Any car that has an egr and of curtain age and mileage would benefit of cleaning it. Make sure you are using the correct tools and cleaning agents, do not use brake cleaner spray but specifically made sprays like Holts egr cleaner spray Holts EGR & Carb Cleaner 500ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P6J976I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_NwD5EbKNEV9YJ, works really well. Try to find video how to and familiarise yourself with the job before start. You may need to clean throttle body too when doing egr to get best performance and efficiency plus smoother engine idle. 
Good Luck

Will do! Been trying to find a video for my specific model but have found nothing. Thanks for the advice mate!

16 hours ago, Cian said:

Well the car has been stalling a bit at idle and at low rpm and after doing a little research I saw it may need to be cleaned out 

If you don't get anywhere with the other routes, then you might consider the PCV.

I have not suffered this exact fault with our old 2001 1.4 vvti Corolla, but I think that a dirty PCV (crankcase ventilation valve - on the rocker cover) could give similar symptoms, assuming your engine isn't much different.  On the earlier vvti engines, this is a small valve (with a spring - loaded plunger inside) that is easily unscrewed and soaked in solvent etc.

On further research I've found that the vvti actually doesn't have a egr valve, my bad! Thanks for the help anyway. Will look into other causes

1.4 petrol ? as in a 4ZZ-FE it doesn't have an egr, had a flat Battery recently ? it may just need to relearn the throttle position

if in doubt disconnect the Battery for 15-20 min and let the ecu reset, the car will then have to relearn - 20 mins of varied driving and throttle should do it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links