Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought 09 Yari but no A/C

Letree

Hi All, 

I recently bought a 2009 1.33 VVTI Yaris.  when I was buying the car, I realised that AirConditioner didn't work, then the dealer told me that it needs only re-gas.  the car is supposed to be with 3 month warranty ,offered by the dealer. 

However when I bought the car and take it to a nearby garage for re-gas,  one person said the A/C don't work at all, as a part of  the low pressure pipe (as shown in the below pictures )  has been missing/cut off , definitely it would not be only a re-gas work. 

I'd like to understand what exactly the A/C is/are missing  ? and what I can ask for the dealer.  please let me know anyone could give some advices. 

Regards, 

Letree

IMG_20200613_235623.jpg

IMG_20200613_235653.jpg

Regardless of any warranty, if you bought the Yaris within the last six months under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the dealer had to repair the fault. See 'the first six months' section of:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Very very strange indeed. I think I would be looking into the history of the car and whether it has had any front end damage repaired. As to the air con, well the big problem now is that the system has  been open to the air for an unknown period of time and that means moisture will have entered and both saturated the 'dryer' which are desiccant crystals in the condenser assembly and also the moisture reacts with the oils in the system causing a corrosive reaction.

I would seriously look at options for rejecting the car on the grounds it has  been mis-sold.

I'm sorry it's not better news but I think you should try and found out as much as you can about this cars past.

Unless the dealer is prepared, without cost to you, to restore the A/C system to full working order...Reject it.!...and find another Yaris and another dealer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUToyota said:

Unless the dealer is prepared, without cost to you, to restore the A/C system to full working order...Reject it.!...and find another Yaris and another dealer.

Utterly agree.

Put the registration number into this, and see the history of the car with respect to MOT and repairs.  See what it turns up.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Mick.

That will cost over a grand to put right, It looks like something has been stolen, there would be no other reason to cut the AC lines

There's even been a non a.c. version aux. belt fitted too which would possibly indicate it's an intentional "modification"!

As above, reject it. The seller had to have been aware of that?

What sort of "dealer" is this? A so-called reputable chain, franchised dealer, one man band etc.?

Without trying to come across as a smart Alec, did you open the bonnet during inspecting the car Letree?

i couldn't work it out at first as it a 1nr-fe, The ac compressor is down low on that engine the Compressor has been stolen, previous owner didn't want to pay for a new one, changed the belt and tied up the lines

On 6/14/2020 at 2:01 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Thanks for the information. I bought 25 May so less than a month. I'd like to return the car perhaps, because the dealer is trying to dodge the responsibility claiming he doesn't understand the issue either.  I bought from a small dealer in Autotrader, the dealers seems to have 5 star review on Autotrader and also good review on Google.  it is a  one or two guys small dealer. 

I have checked the MOT history, just some minor reason like lamp, headlight too high and was rectified subsequently.  from Autotrader, it comes with full history check no accident whatsoever - full check passed. it also come with service history and 3 stamps on Toyota book and lots of garage service receipt. 

it doesn't mean the car was not damaged as it might not go insurance so unrecorded,  but I can't see the sign of damage. 

On 6/14/2020 at 7:15 AM, Mooly said:

Very very strange indeed. I think I would be looking into the history of the car and whether it has had any front end damage repaired. As to the air con, well the big problem now is that the system has  been open to the air for an unknown period of time and that means moisture will have entered and both saturated the 'dryer' which are desiccant crystals in the condenser assembly and also the moisture reacts with the oils in the system causing a corrosive reaction.

I would seriously look at options for rejecting the car on the grounds it has  been mis-sold.

I'm sorry it's not better news but I think you should try and found out as much as you can about this cars past.

Regardless of any warranty, if you bought the Yaris within the last six months under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the dealer had to repair the fault. See 'the first six months' section of:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

yes indeed, it is very strange.  I can't see the reason why the pipe is cut. it is TR model  surely come with AC. ? not sure modification... 

not a famous dealer but small one , but seems with some "reputation" , with previously buyers'  good comment on Autotrader and Google. 

On 6/14/2020 at 7:18 AM, RUToyota said:

On 6/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, mrpj said:

There's even been a non a.c. version aux. belt fitted too which would possibly indicate it's an intentional "modification"!

As above, reject it. The seller had to have been aware of that?

What sort of "dealer" is this? A so-called reputable chain, franchised dealer, one man band etc.?

On 6/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, flash22 said:

That will cost over a grand to put right, It looks like something has been stolen, there would be no other reason to cut the AC lines

On 6/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, flash22 said:

one grand... that is too much 😂   I wonder what has been stolen ? or missing. anyone has a 2009 1.33 Yaris please could compare yours with my picture ? 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, mrpj said:

Without trying to come across as a smart Alec, did you open the bonnet during inspecting the car Letree?

Yes I did open the bonnet and I found the line was cut , and I asked the dealer, he said something I don't understand but it is not related with A/C. It seems it is not needed. 

also the advertisement on Autotrader, it states it come with A/C.  the car works perfect just minor body scratch. 

perhaps i paid too much attention on the paper evidence, like service history, receipt, and thought it was looked after well by previous owners. 

8 hours ago, Letree said:

one grand... that is too much 😂   I wonder what has been stolen ? or missing. anyone has a 2009 1.33 Yaris please could compare yours with my picture ? 

The compressor looks like it's missing.

1 hour ago, stantheman1 said:

The compressor looks like it's missing.

the compressor sits lower that the water pump you cant see it in that pic

From the top. Alternator, Water pump, AC compressor

PAS01132_6140c6.jpg

Basically what the knowledgeable people said, reject the car, return for a full refund. 

Yeah, cut through the crap... the car should have air con, it had air con from the factory, it was advertised as having air con, blah blah.

Either get the dealer to re-instate the missing parts and get the air con working, or reject the car and get a refund.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links