Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse parking camera Dynamic guidelines

James1223

Hi all hope everyone is well here

I have been saving up to buy a used Toyota Aygo or Yaris for years and have finally started looking with their 0% finance offer! 

Please kindly help me out regarding both Aygo and Yaris, from which year model do their reverse parking cameras started having dynamic lines instead of static lines? And please correct me if I am wrong, dynamic lines meaning the guidelines will bend when you turn the wheel?

I have been looking at brochures from 2017 but most didn't specify and watching those youtube test driving videos left me more confused.

I got my license when I was 18 I am now 30, drive 3-4 times a year on rentals, I dread parking every time which makes me don't want to drive at all, must practise more and not rely on the camera, its just knowing I have something to fall back on will encourage myself to go behind the wheel a bit more... I have no family members in this country it is hard to bring someone more experienced out to practise and seems too much to ask from a friend.

I drove a Hyundai i30 once on rental, its dynamic guideline was a pleasant surprise since then I have been really keen!

Appreciate any advise! Thank you! 

it depends on the year, early aygo's didn't have any guidelines at all (iirc up to 2012)

The 2012-2014 the Yaris uses the touch and 2014 onwards uses the touch2 (not the base model) with fixed guidelines

The guidelines do work very well but nothing beats properly adjusted mirrors and observation

Static guidelines became available on the second generation Aygo from mid 2016 - not all Aygos have reversing cameras. Works well.

Cheer up-I was driving about 10 years before I could parallel park properly. It is one of the hardest manoevers in driving apart from reversing a trailer. You just need to practice and not shy away from awkward parking by seeking out easy spots to park. A lot of people have the most difficulty parking. One thing not normally spoken about is how much easier automatic cars are to park as you can just let  it creep on its own without having to operate the clutch.

live or work anywhere within the M25, there are tight manoeuvres day in day out practice makes perfect as they say

reverse park - 1-2-1

1 turn as the rear of the car passes the object

2 turns the opposite direction just after the wing mirror passes the object

1 to straighten up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links