Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What MPG do you get ?

Pudzey7

7 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yes, I read that the New Corolla with TNGA platform and hybrid was aimed at the VW hatch diesel lovers, and similar. Maybe they thought the Auris (UK) and same model Corolla ( rest of world) didn't quite give Toyota the shove needed to persuade a transfer from diesel.  Akio Toyoda's"no more boring cars." statement sort of fits with that ambition, given that the power train in the 1.8 has been around a while.

As an ex-VW (group) hatch diesel owner ... the 1.8 in the 2nd gen Auris is certainly close on economy. Better around town, worse on the motorway than a diesel. Against the VW group cars it's missing the TDI midrange torque. I do miss the shove but it encourages me to drive in a more relaxed fashion. I'll be interested to try a 2.0 Corolla in the future...

Averaging 67.5 mpg with 10k on clock

Went to collect some car seats earlier today and did around 70 miles in total. Mix of 30, 40 and 60mpg A,B roads.

Mpg was 63mpg there and 70mpg back. Shown on the Eco Drive level and 68mpg average.

When you fill the car up it shows your estimated range. In my case 385 miles after topping up with £26 worth. Is this just petrol usage or does it include the hybrid electric usage? If both would expect more range. Suspect it can't predict Battery usage as depends how driven.

James.

17 hours ago, Auris James said:

When you fill the car up it shows your estimated range. In my case 385 miles after topping up with £26 worth. Is this just petrol usage or does it include the hybrid electric usage? If both would expect more range. Suspect it can't predict battery usage as depends how driven.

James.

The amount of time spent in EV isn't relevant to the distance calculation.

Average consumption = <distance travelled>/<Amount of fuel consumed>

Remaining distance = <fuel left in tank>/<Average consumption>

Time spent in EV is irrelevant for both those calculations (obviously it affects the result but is not, itself, considered).

Another way of looking at this: Time spent in EV is just something that affects fuel consumption (as does wind, rain, temperature, driving style). There is no need to consider it when calculating values relating to fuel consumption. Fuel consumption 'is what it is'. Whether it is reduced by EV time or increased by a persistent head wind makes no difference when doing the maths :)

• Thanks 1

Filled mine today, I was way below empty and was getting concerned. Filled it to the brim and I was surprised it would only take 35 litres. I am thinking there is way more in reserve than what the read out is saying ?? It worked out at 54 mpg. 

23 hours ago, Auris James said:

Went to collect some car seats earlier today and did around 70 miles in total. Mix of 30, 40 and 60mpg A,B roads.

Mpg was 63mpg there and 70mpg back. Shown on the Eco Drive level and 68mpg average.

When you fill the car up it shows your estimated range. In my case 385 miles after topping up with £26 worth. Is this just petrol usage or does it include the hybrid electric usage? If both would expect more range. Suspect it can't predict battery usage as depends how driven.

James.

I have the 1.8 hybrid also but my range when full is around 500 miles ?

• Like 1

The trip computer shows 3.9 km/l or  72 mpg, consumtion is propably a bit higher. Warm weather 30 - 35 celcius and about a 20 minute trip to work with an average speed of 70 to 85 km/h and then usually by the evening another 10 minute trip when going out with friends with a lower average speed, not really trying very hard to get the best fuel consumtion just classic hybrid techniques to recupurate energy back into the batter etc.

• Like 1

How does 3.9Km/l equate to 72mpg?

7 minutes ago, Stivino said:

How does 3.9Km/l equate to 72mpg?

Lol my bad meant l/km, not even a v8 gets that low milage 

How many litres do you use to travel one kilometer?

• Haha 1

I use 3./9 liters of fuel per 100 km

Interesting to hear all your replies:) never taught I'd see that mpg from a 16 year old car.  Iv had plenty diesels in the past but never where as good on diesel as this . My budget woudnt be massive so obviously a beaten 2004 1.4 d4d was perfect for me 

1 hour ago, Chriss27 said:

I have the 1.8 hybrid also but my range when full is around 500 miles ?

Is that filling it from near empty? Thinking may only compute from empty? I have never filled it up from full. Generally £20 or £30 here and there!

James.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Auris James said:

I have never filled it up from full.

How can you fill it if it is full?

4 minutes ago, Stivino said:

How can you fill it if it is full? f

Should of been from Empty! Ie never filled the tank to the brim when near empty.

James.

I always fill mine to brim  , toyota have funny fuel gauges,  it seems to stay at near full for ages , then dramatically drop .

I'll be going to Austria in 3 weeks. 1300 km from Denmark. That will be my first long drive with nothing but motorway. I'm very excited to see how 2.0 behaves at higher speeds between 70 and 90 mph. 

My old Auris 1.2T with CVT was a struggle driving in mountains or long motorway hills, and was very thirsty. Going down hill allmost didn't use a drop, so average consumption was actually better than driving on a flat road with cruise control. Weird... 

• Like 2

Has anyone else found like me that there is a lot more fuel in the tank when it says it is empty. I worked out that there was around 8 litres still in there ?

Going back to the original question. I have done 2000 miles. I keep a record of tank to tank fill ups and so far I am averaging 53.1 mpg. Normal driving and not trying too hard for top economy. You are not going to enjoy the 2.0 ltr power if you constantly drive for economy in my opinion. However it compares very well with my old 2016 Auris Excell TS which over 23000 miles I got an average of 55.5 mpg. So the move to the 2.0 ltr Corolla with it's considerably more power and no revvy engine noise any more, I am very pleased so far. When I fill up it's always to the brim and get a tank range reading of around 560 miles. But this is range is governed by how you use your right foot obviously. With the warmer weather now I get mpg dash read outs of up to 65 mpg but that is a very ball park figure and not really telling the full true story. At least it's a guide as to how well you are driving at the time I guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Auris James said:

Is that filling it from near empty? Thinking may only compute from empty? I have never filled it up from full. Generally £20 or £30 here and there!

James.

No that was just topping it up to full

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links