Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso 2.2 D4D leaking water

HansEksteen

Hi I have a verso 2007 D4D, 2,2, the car has a leak somewhere, it seems to leak from the overflow tube after I have driven...head gasket is not leaking. The interesting thing I found out is that when I place the temp inside the cabin on Lo then it leaks less, also that it seems the air from the driver side is warmer than the passenger side.

Any help would be helpful

It could be the radiator or expansion tank cap is aged & weak and is allowing the coolant to escape at too low a pressure. It's cheap & easy to replace thus eliminating it as a source of your problem. They don't last forever & yours will be 13 years old if it hasn't been replaced. This occurred recently on my 2004 2l D4D Corolla..

• 1 month later...

We had a problem like this with a 2007 2.2D verso and there is a common fault with the 2.2D engine, ours had a leak on the head gasket, no water was getting into the oil, however, air was being force past the head gasket into the water channels and pressure was building up and blowing water out of the overflow pipe by the radiator cap

there is plenty of info about this if you do a search for 2.2D toyota head gasket