Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Order book closed

Devon Aygo

Toyota UK today have set the current generation to out of production, factory orders are no longer being accepted and any new purchases will have to come from current or in transit stock of which there is less than 140 models left.

• 3 weeks later...

Why have they done that. I am that a new model is in the pipeline if there is any truth in that though i have no idea.

Well it takes time to retool the plant and train the staff on the new model it may take a while to shift the last 140

the GT86 Pro is still on Toyota's site still - the new one (GR86) is due  2021/22

Subaru build the BRZ/GT86. Subaru's high average of CO2 emissions across their range meant that continuing with the present car would mean fines from the EU for the BRZ, and Subaru aren't able to absorb these costs without increasing the price of the BRZ substantially.

Toyota have a lower CO2 average due to their hybrids so aren't affected to the same degree.

I love my GT86 very much, it will be a shame if they will be no longer available in the Uk dealers. My only alternative is to get a Yaris GR4 as a next car.

The next generation will supposedly be released in 2021, subject to things like COVID-19.

• Like 1