Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver's side (left) window won't go down.

William P

A few days ago the alternator on my 2012 Camry XLE failed. I drove a short distance with this condition and I experienced no power steering. After charging the Battery at AutoZone, I drove the car 4 miles to my house. While driving, I lowered the window. It would only go down about 6 inches. When trying to put it back up, it would go up but then come back down to the original lowered position. To close it, I have to raise it a little at a time until it is closed; then it will stay closed. Why won't it go down all the way? Why can't I close it like it should close? Thank you. Bill

Change the alternator  ? if the alternator is dead it will flatten the Battery quickly - In simple terms you run out of electricity

• Like 1

Two things to try.

Once the window is up try holding the window switch in the UP position for 20 seconds. Don't release it during that time. Then see if the window winds down OK.

If that doesn't work then get the window to the fully up position and then disconnect the Battery for a couple of minutes. Just remove the negative lead only. When you reconnect do it smartly and firmly pressing the clamp firmly down on the battery terminal all the time. Do not overtighten.

Now try again.

• Like 1

Thanks, Molly.  Holding the switch in the "up" position for 20 seconds fixed the window.  Yay!