Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY20 Aygo Model change announced

Devon Aygo

Toyota have today released the new model year 20 Aygo specifications:

The following will be discontinued:

• The following grades will be discontinued: x and x-cite

• The discontinuation of x means 3 door is no longer available

• Discontinued colour: Cyan Splash (8W9)

• Discontinued x-clusiv colours: Electro Grey (1E0) and Silver Splash (1E7)

The following will be introduced:

• Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) will now be standardised for the AYGO range

• Introduction of the JBL Edition Aygo

• New colour to x-clusiv: Scarlet Flare (3U5) and Bold Black (211) with bi-tone roof in Red

• Data Communication Module (DCM) connected car functionality with MyT app as standard.

JBL edition

• Electro Grey with Mandarin Pop accents and roof

• Mandarin Pop interior accents

• JBL premium sound system with 5 Speakers including 160mm subwoofer in spare wheel well, with tyre repair kit as standard

JBL edition.PNG

New x-clusive colours.PNG

• Like 3

Thank you for the info.

It was a matter of time before the 3-door and the X trim level disappear because there is not much demand for them. Unless I am mistaken, it is already the case in some European countries. Still, it is a pity to reduce the choice!

The entry-level trim is not interesting for dealerships because it enables customers to lease brand-new cars for a budget. And when they hand back their car with 3 doors, no radio and no AC, Toyota cannot sell it!!! In France, dealerships had to equip second-hand Aygo X with radios to sell them.

5 minutes ago, zuh said:

And when they hand back their car with 3 doors, no radio and no AC, Toyota cannot sell it!!! In France, dealerships had to equip second-hand Aygo X with radios to sell them.

The announcement will be for the UK market, and the specification changes may not apply to other European markets. As regards the Aygo X, in the UK a radio was included on the base X version.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The announcement will be for the UK market, and the specification changes may not apply to other European markets. As regards the Aygo X, in the UK a radio was included on the base X version.

Ok, thank you. Sad thing you cannot have a cheap Aygo with little equipment. I guess there was no demand.

Am glad i got my Cyan Splash Aygo when i did as love that shade of blue, shame it's been discontinued.The Bold Black with Bi-tone roof in red looks good 👍

Edited by Eddie G
Spelling mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

New on here.

I've looked on Toyota website and it appears there is only one model of Aygo now sold, X trend. Is this right?

11 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

I've looked on Toyota website and it appears there is only one model of Aygo now sold, X trend. Is this right?

No - if you go on the Aygo page on the Toyota website, towards the top right of the page, there is a button 'show all grades', and all four grades are then shown.

• Like 1

X-Play, X-Trend, JBL Edition and X-Clusiv are they on build your Toyota Aygo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In 2012 my daughter got a Aygo "fire" 5 door, no ac pretty basic. Surprised it came with alloy's. She still has it and its been totally reliable 65,000 miles. One set of front disc's and pads just had its 2nd set of tyres. 

Its basic and we love it because of that its a go to car for going to the shops and the original price £9995 and worth at least £2000. 

Ive just bought a RAV4 hybrid excel. Some many features its confusing. I love the Aygo for its simplicity and value.

• Like 1

Planning on keeping my Aygo long term, fun, great MPG and also love the simplicity reminds me of a Citroën 2CV approach to cars, good to know 65k on your daughter's Aygo Fire and no major problems 👍

Edited by Eddie G
Add information

Just ordered an x-clusiv to replace a 2008 Citroen C1, delivery expected in early October.

• 1 month later...

I've got an X-Clusiv with fun roof and full leather interior. It's coming to the end of the lease and I am disappointed that, as far as I can see,  I can't get that trim level in the current X-Clusiv as a replacement.  I really like the  X-clusiv particularly the keyless and wouldn't want to lose that by taking a lower grade model  where it seems the roof is available as an option. Shame. I guess both the leather and  roof were not very popular due their relative expense . I only specified them because I got a great lease  deal.  However I quite like the Black X-Clusiv with the red roof. So when time comes I will express my reluctance to takeout a new lease  to my dealer and try to a good deal !! ( It's worked at least 3 times before!) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, PetrolDave said:

Just ordered an x-clusiv to replace a 2008 Citroen C1, delivery expected in early October.

Delivered a few days later than expected, but in time for Halloween!

IMG_2163_cropped.jpg

Just in time!, nice colour blue as well, some of the bug blue shades been iffy over the years, but like that. Enjoy the 'improvements' over your old C1. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a new XTrend with Fun roof in August.....but still showing "At Sea" whatever that means, as Czech is not Japan 

ridiculous price with a sun roof, and still no car

Aygo prices are comparable with other models, and choice is becoming more limited in this sector.

£13-14.3K will get you into a mid spec i10 or 108,  one of the two remaining specs of the petrol VW Up, or a base Suzuki Ignis.

Ford have dropped the Ka+ in Europe and Vauxhall have dropped the Viva and Adam. The Skoda Citigo electric and petrol are no more in the UK, and Seat Mii electric is from £19,800 - which is new Yaris hybrid money.

15 hours ago, barrycoll said:

Ordered a new XTrend with Fun roof in August.....but still showing "At Sea" whatever that means, as Czech is not Japan 

ridiculous price with a sun roof, and still no car

I ordered my Aygo on March 12 and collected it on October 30, it was shown "At Sea" (between Belgium and the UK) for well over a week on the MyT app - which seems to run behind the system available to the dealers as I found when I emailed them they were able to give me more accurate updates.

I'm surprised you were able to order a Fun roof, I thought they had been discontinued?