Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper blade issue

mflorant

Does anyone have the same issue?

After changing several Wiper Blades (Valeo, Bosch etc.) it makes stripes on the windshield in the area right in front of me...I tried to crook, bend the wiper arm, but nothing changed. It is right at the connection where the arm and the blade connects.20200618_111905.thumb.jpg.81c1f7c788f1a6c9bbb051406018471c.jpg

Please see on the picture attached

Do you use a car wash ? looks like the arm is tweaked, the spring has started to go weak or the wiper linkage may even be worn (check for play)

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Do you use a car wash ? looks like the arm is tweaked, the spring has started to go weak or the wiper linkage may even be worn (check for play)

I use car wash.

I have checked for play, but it doesn't seem to be any. 

Is there like a trick bending the arm or something else or just change the arm first...

i would change the arm, if the linkage feels ok (lift the arm up straight a give it a wobble)

It wobbles, but just a little bit, which I think is normal.

I will try with another arm, but any further suggestions are highly appreciated 

Here is my experience with my wipers.

My car being a '58 plate is one of the first T27 on the road - owned the car from September 2015. I am currently using Bosch Aero 539S (right hand drive) wiper set. They work fine and when I was the car, the wipers are cleaned too. There is no play in any part of the system - I just checked. 
At the beginning of 2016, I changed the Wiper Blades, but bought Bosch universal fit Aeros (not 539S), and they worked okay for a while. Later they started to work less efficiently. I manage to get genuine Bosch 539S online at a good price. The performance was a massive improvement. I haven't need to change them for quite a while now. I was doing a clear out, and found a new set of Bosch 539S, which I bought and forgot about.
Another tip - I clean the windscreen and wipers, so the rain beads off. Also I set the auto wiper to the lowest setting, so the wipers are not sweeping a nearly dry screen. Also make sure the wipers are not frozen to the screen during winter! This reduces wear on the wipers, arms, linkage and motor. I carry a glass cleaner to use between washes, just in case. How the car was used previously, before you own it, is a factor.

Hopefully you will get an idea from anything I mentioned above.

• Thanks 1