Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel pump part numbers

Mylo1

hi first time on the forum and would like to ask about my avensis problem it’s a 2011 2.2  ADT271R -2ADFHV -AUTO it has a fault code 1271 i have changed the rail To no avail and been advised to change the suction control valve/fuel pump my fuel pump numbers are HU294000-0710/. 22100-ORO40/. 07L-08676.Am I on the right track to solve my problems of engine light on vsc and brake lights on my dash also do I have the right numbers for pump and do they have to match up exactly because I can find similar but not the last set of numbers. All help much appreciated.

thank you graham 

Moved to the Avensis club.

Hi mike I can’t see your reply and as it’s my first time on here don’t know if I’m not doing something right?

thanks graham

The topic has just been moved to the Avensis club to generate responses

Thanks mike know where I am now

With the info given the valve kit is 04226-26010, Pump 22100-0R040 or 22100-0R041

Black or grey smoke / poor mpg ? When was the fuel filter last drained/changed ?

Please feel free to check part number yourself

Hi bob thanks for reply fuel filter changed 2 months mpg not good don’t know about smoke the car appears to lurch forward als the dash lights are not on all the time and some times they ere on and the car runs normal. Do the other numbers on my suction valve not matter?

thanks graham

Thanks bob iv been down that road !!

Assuming your code is P1271 Fuel Regulator Circuit Malfunction (EDU Drive) and not C1271 Low Output Signal of Front Speed Sensor RH

Then your issue lies in the fuel pressure discharge valve and or its electrical circuit, the valve is part of the common rail not the fuel pump.

DTC Detection Drive Pattern DTC Detection Condition Trouble Area

Ignition switch ON to off

and

Drive the vehicle at 50 km/h (31 mph) in third gear, and then decelerate by releasing the accelerator pedal

When either condition below is met (1 trip detection logic):

• Open or short in pressure discharge valve circuit.

• There is no valve opening confirmation (IJf) signal from the EDU to the ECM for a specific number of times consecutively, despite the ECM sending valve opening command (PRD) signals after the engine is started

• Open or short in pressure discharge valve circuit

• Pressure discharge valve

• EDU

P1271 (Open or short in pressure discharge valve circuit):

This DTC will be set if there is no valve opening confirmation (IJf) signal sent from the EDU to the ECM, despite the ECM has commanded the EDU to open the pressure discharge valve. This DTC refers to an open or short circuit malfunction of the pressure discharge valve circuit, not a malfunction in which a valve is stuck open or closed.

The EDU monitors the current supplied to the pressure discharge valve to verify that the current flows into the valve. If the current exceeds the specified level, the EDU interprets this as the IJf signal being low. If this DTC is stored, the ECM enters the fail-safe mode and limits engine power. The fail-safe mode continues until the ignition switch is turned off.

I suggest you visit www.toyota-tech.eu register and pay for some access to see the correct diagnostic procedures. 

Thanks Lee iv already changed the whole rail because I could not find a discharge valve but the problems were still there and the code was p1271 i will now investigate what you suggested.

thanks graham

It may be a stupid question but have u actually removed ur wheels and physically checked that ur brakes are moving freely, ie check that the guide pins are moving, the caliper pots are moving in and out freely and that the pads are lubricated and shims are correctly positioned? ECU tells u the faults is at the brakes, I bet that if u fix ur brakes the fault code may not actually be the problem. Just circimstancial!!!!

U could on the other hand change all parts that a greasemonkey suggests and u may even correct the fault code but I bet the original problem will still be there. Deal with the brakes as suggested by the ECU fault code.

Is the actual code - C1271 Low Output Signal of Front Speed Sensor RH? That's where I'd start! Front speed sensor! May suggest faulty wiring or simply the sensor has been fouled during any recent wheel end work or period of non-use, if ur car has been furloughed for any length of time due to the current climate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links