Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voxy shaking

Foxy Voxy

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have a Toyota Voxy, this is my first Japanese car. I've noticed that when driving it lately that it shakes/vibrates. Can anyone help on what could be the issue? 

Perhaps it simply needs the wheels balanced.?..it's where I'd start

Moved to Toyota MPV forum.

I'm not sure if idling problem, it's an automatic, when going at low speed it shakes more. 

That's a dfferent sort of shake/vibration than the one I had in mind..lol

Does it shake at idle.?..maybe a MAF issue.?..fuel filter.?..coil pack.?..plugs.?...any EML on.?

Process of elimination I guess...unless you can get a code read.?

3 hours ago, Foxy Voxy said:

I'm not sure if idling problem, it's an automatic, when going at low speed it shakes more. 

To be of help to you we will need more information. When & where & how the shake occurs. Usually you can pinpoint where the shake is. Is the steering wheel shaking from side to side, is the transmission vibrating etc. Try and be more precise when describing your problem. There’s a lot of experience and knowledgeable guys here who if they have all the right information can help.

3 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

To be of help to you we will need more information. When & where & how the shake occurs. Usually you can pinpoint where the shake is. Is the steering wheel shaking from side to side, is the transmission vibrating etc. Try and be more precise when describing your problem. There’s a lot of experience and knowledgeable guys here who if they have all the right information can help.

First time owning an automatic (although have driven automatics for work) Alot of it is front end. Feels like it might cut out if in very low speed or when resting. The rpm seems to be up and down quite often. 

A code read would be best....otherwise you are just guessing.

I assume you have no EML illuminated.?...you could of course take to your garage and see what they think.?

Plugs, coil packs, MAF is where I'd start.

14 hours ago, RUToyota said:

A code read would be best....otherwise you are just guessing.

I assume you have no EML illuminated.?...you could of course take to your garage and see what they think.?

Plugs, coil packs, MAF is where I'd start.

No EML. It's going in on Tuesday morning. Hopefully nothing to worry about after just forking out the money for it. 

47 minutes ago, Foxy Voxy said:

No EML. It's going in on Tuesday morning. Hopefully nothing to worry about after just forking out the money for it. 

Ok Mike, keep us informed of your progress.

Good plan, Mike...let us know how you get on.

Update... Garage had to do it old skool and test each spark plug.. Couple of the spark plugs needed replacing but I got all 4 replaced. Also needed a pencil coil. Running a lot better now. Cheers 

• 8 months later...

Hello. 

What year Voxy was yours. I notice heavy vibrations when in drive or reverse, I understand that the car is in engage, but it vibrates and rattles like crazy. Pick up and rpm are fine. The change in ash tray rattle, the door card rattle. 

Any ideas what that could be, I'm told engine mounts give different feedback. Maybe if I stop I'll feel a gear change when moving off like a small engage or change 

Any ideas

From the OP's profile, their Voxy is a 2005.

Please update your profile to include your Voxy.

• 1 month later...

Hello new to the group chat...I have. 2009 Toyota Noah SI.

It's got the wobbles at around 60-70 mph but sometime as low as 50 especially on an upward gradient of motorway.

Has a few after market upgrades like new from spoiler and side skirts has higher rims and low profile tyres. Has been checked and alignment was out and balancing too....still wobbles .....it has adjustable.suspension good bit of kit I've been told by my garage....I've had this only a few days as a Japanese import .....any other things to suggest I'll.ask.about engine mounts

thanks.

derry

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:40 PM, Dezmondo said:

Hello new to the group chat...I have. 2009 Toyota Noah SI.

It's got the wobbles at around 60-70 mph but sometime as low as 50 especially on an upward gradient of motorway.

Has a few after market upgrades like new from spoiler and side skirts has higher rims and low profile tyres. Has been checked and alignment was out and balancing too....still wobbles .....it has adjustable.suspension good bit of kit I've been told by my garage....I've had this only a few days as a Japanese import .....any other things to suggest I'll.ask.about engine mounts

thanks.

derry

How did you get on? Have a similar issue on mine