Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 side steps

Conmcn

Has anyone got aftermarket side steps fitted? I’ve seen ones on direct 4x4 which look of but was wondering if anyone has any experience of them. 

I will probably hold out for a genuine set of steps but would be interested in hearing opinions either way.

Thanks 

I fitted some aftermarket ones which looked ok until I came out one day and I had a puncture, went to remove the wheel and couldn’t use the scissor jack as wouldn’t fit with them fitted luckily I was in my drive and used a four wheel jack but if I had been out somewhere else would have had a problem, think genuine ones You can still jack up ok.

Thanks for the reply mate. I think I’ll go genuine as the aftermarket ones sound like a nightmare to fit and the jack issue even more annoying! I never thought of that possibility so thanks.

If anyone has genuine side steps fitted on a Mark 4 would you please confirm whether they are able to accommodate a scissor jack

Thanks again 

I’ve seen a set of genuine ones going for £300 on DoneDeal not that far from me. I’m probably going to go for them as it seems a good price for a new set of steps. I’ve seen similar steps selling for £470 online!

That’s a good price . 

I ended up getting touch up paint from my local Toyota dealer and whilst there asked about the price of a set of new side steps. He said there were a few second hand sets in the garage out the back as some customers didn’t like them and asked them to be removed. He wanted £200 but I got him down to £175! It pays to ask your local dealer sometimes. I fitted them on Friday and I’m very happy with them! If anyone is after a set ring a few dealers and see if they have any before you buy a new set! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links