Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk1 Din radio retrofitting

Roe_adam

Hi my name is Adam I’m new to the owners club I have a 2005 Toyota Yaris Mk1 and I was wondering, if this is possible or if it’s ever been done, I want to try fit a single Din sized radio where the clock/temperature display is, Even if I have to trim the dash a bit, I’m looking to fit the pioneer avh-z7200dab there and the normal din slot I have would just be too low and obstruct the gear stick, I’ve measured the unit and seems to be similarly sized in width but bigger in length, any help would be greatly appreciated, or even to just tell me I’m crazy for thinking of this 

cheers

-Adam

3948550A-12B9-46EF-86ED-D8CFC4523E1F.png

B9B7CBD1-427C-4C38-A0F1-A652A8A93B22.jpeg

Anything is possible

1. Will it not obscure the dash

2. Is there enough depth where you want to put it

i would get a single din surround and work out where you want it, Then use CAD (cardboard aided design) to mock up the size of display

i see you still have the factory cd player installed, iirc you can get a double din kit, then fit a single din pocket that may be an easier route

Connects2 Double DIN facia with pocket

99-03 CT24TY05

03-05 CT24TY06

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Anything is possible

1. Will it not obscure the dash

2. Is there enough depth where you want to put it

i would get a single din surround and work out where you want it, Then use CAD (cardboard aided design) to mock up the size of display

i see you still have the factory cd player installed, iirc you can get a double din kit, then fit a single din pocket that may be an easier route

I had a look and it would obscure the petrol indicator and a bit of the Rev but I could live with that, plus the one I’m looking at folds back into itself anyway, need to find out about the depth

I wasn’t too sure about using the double din pocket, just feel like it would be a bit low down and also wouldn’t be able to use the ac while it’s up, but I’m gonna review all my options 

thanks so much for your help 

The Japanese fit units in that slot all the time.

All you need is a small piece to fill up the gap because the space is  slightly taller than the 1 din size.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/カナネット-KANANET-UA-Y31DV-ヴィッツ-カーAV取付キット/dp/B073J6QLNC

toyota-vitz-rs-turbo-10.jpg

The jdm cars use a different trim piece so the position is lower

p1-vitz-21.png

• 1 year later...

Hello I have the same car model (bought in 2003 but with this particular board) and I'm trying to add a 2 din audio system/screen. I'm wondering if it is better to change the lower part of the board (which right now includes the genuine CD player) or the upper mini screen (by adding a 1din system with expandable screen) 

What is your opinion? 

I'm concerned about it as:

If I choose to replace the lower part of the board:

-is there a replacement part that look like the genuine one (texture, color)? if so, where can I find it? 

-what about the control buttons that are there right now? The upper screen has the control of the CD player-radio etc.. What happens if I add another audio system? Are these buttons get useless? Or what? 

If I choose to place the audio system by replacing the upper screen:

-what happens with the infos given by the genuine one? Range, time, temperature? Can these things be shown by a not genuine audio system? Is there a system that works good with it that you suggest (and fits there)? 

Thank you, and sorry for my English if not understood. 

You use a facia adapter

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT24TY35

or

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT24TY32

Audio controls adapter

CTSTY001.2

If you have audio controls, you will have to wire a steering wheel controls adapter to the factory audio controls/display, its 3 wires there is not an off the shelf part that's ready to go

332744724_xp10TSph2audiodisplay.thumb.jpg.8e7b4ba28a620242f9208accbe413034.jpg

Pins 6,7 and 8 on the 8pin plug

Don't waste your money on a radio from AliExpress or china

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, Angelatzia said:

I'm concerned about it as:

If I choose to replace the lower part of the board:

-is there a replacement part that look like the genuine one (texture, color)? if so, where can I find it? 

-what about the control buttons that are there right now? The upper screen has the control of the CD player-radio etc.. What happens if I add another audio system? Are these buttons get useless? Or what? 

If I choose to place the audio system by replacing the upper screen:

-what happens with the infos given by the genuine one? Range, time, temperature? Can these things be shown by a not genuine audio system? Is there a system that works good with it that you suggest (and fits there)? 

Best to get a double din for the lower section
Double din frame can be bought through Toyota dealer with the exact same, texture, colour and fitment etc. I can find the partnumber if you need it.

If you fit a aftermarket system you will lose the existing features of the top screen, temperature, time, mpg etc.

I fitted a single din to mine in the slot at the bottom and have all the functions of the top panel except the beep when you reset the mpg etc

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, flash22 said:

You use a facia adapter

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT24TY35

or

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT24TY32

Audio controls adapter

CTSTY001.2

If you have audio controls, you will have to wire a steering wheel controls adapter to the factory audio controls/display, its 3 wires there is not an off the shelf part that's ready to go

332744724_xp10TSph2audiodisplay.thumb.jpg.8e7b4ba28a620242f9208accbe413034.jpg

Pins 6,7 and 8 on the 8pin plug

Don't waste your money on a radio from AliExpress or china

Flash22, may i ask for a clearer image for the wiring or could you post a url to get it. 

Can you recommend a cheaper end DAB+ radio that will work with the steering wheel paddles. Am i looking for a 3 wire input on the radio wiring or must it go via an adapter box ?

Click on the image to enlarge, yes you need a controls adapter

OP's radio is mid range, what is your budget ? dont be tempted by no name Chinese junk, no warranty, no backup, little information and can be a pig to wire

single din, single din with fold out screen as per the OP's or double din ?

Android auto or Apple car play are usually 350 upwards and are double din*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links