Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Self locking Avensis

kevcoady

My avensis estate has been rarely used during lockdown as i have been shielding. however i had a new Battery fitted just before lockdown which may or may not be relevant

i am now mobile and yesterday i drove to the park to take the dog out and when i turned off the ignition the indicator arrows flashed and when i got out and closed the door it locked itself with the dog still inside . it took me ages to get the key fob to work

this morning came home from the dog walk no problem but an hour later i went to get something out of the car and it had locked itself again. fortunately the key fob worked straight away

any ideas please as i find the divers handbook a bit confusing

Thanks 

Kevin

40 minutes ago, kevcoady said:

My avensis estate has been rarely used during lockdown as i have been shielding. however i had a new battery fitted just before lockdown which may or may not be relevant

i am now mobile and yesterday i drove to the park to take the dog out and when i turned off the ignition the indicator arrows flashed and when i got out and closed the door it locked itself with the dog still inside . it took me ages to get the key fob to work

this morning came home from the dog walk no problem but an hour later i went to get something out of the car and it had locked itself again. fortunately the key fob worked straight away

Thanks 

Kevin

New Battery in the key fob needed, any auto shop will put in a new one for a couple of quid.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:09 PM, kevcoady said:

My avensis estate has been rarely used during lockdown as i have been shielding. however i had a new battery fitted just before lockdown which may or may not be relevant

Thanks 

Kevin

If you can, check the owners manual for remote key and Battery. Go to index and look for keys, remote and Battery. There could be a fault in the door, so when it shuts the force triggers the doors to lock! Transmitter masts are known for causing remote locking in cars to misbehave. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links