Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In a owners prospective what is the better hybrid 1.8 or 2.0

Speedster123

18” wheels on these cars are way too big and only have one positive side., the look and nothing else. The optimum size imo is 17” therefore anyone that has them already and not happy perhaps should look for better tyres not wheels. I have noticed in recent years many new cars even middle to high spec trim levels comes with smaller wheels, they still look good though, plus much better comfort, low emissions, low consumption and cheaper tyre replacement plus less possibility of kerb damage. If it’s me and I have a Corolla with 18” wheels I will get rid of them straight away after purchase of the car, as long as you stick with oem wheels and sizes even 16” are good enough the insurance company won’t bother and even no need to call and tell them. 👍 low profile tyres are only good for showroom or track days, everyday use 16”-17” works better for you and for the car. About the better engine option:

1.8 is better for efficiency 

2.0 is better for performance 

• Thanks 1

I have 18" top trim wheels for Summer with Falken tires and 16" GoodYear Ultragrip for winter tires which have the sound damping insulation in the tire itself and I got to admit, going from Summer set to Winter in November 2019 was like I had lost hearing once I started to drive. Going back to Summer wheels (18" Falkens) was like driving in a different car. The Falkens themselves in my opinion are one of the best summer tires I have had in terms of handling and rainy conditions, but they are very loud. So if I should change them to new Summer tires in the future I will check wether there's something more quiet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1