Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much does it cost to replace the small traingle window on the drivers side?

Windowsmashed

I had the small quarter window smashed on my Toyota Yaris 2008 by someone trying to steal it. Is it expensive to get the window replaced and possible to to do it yourself? I rather not claim on the insurance as there's a 300 pound excess :( 

If you are fully comp you should have glass cover that usually has a small excess or call a local windscreen place or Autoglass

glass above the mirror or in the rear door ??

Thanks but only have partial insurance 😞

It's the glass above the mirror. 

I had that glass broken as well early in the year by a serial thief in the area, who broke into region of 100 vehicles over a 3 months period. Lockdown sort of stopped the thief's action. When lockdown eased, were at it again. Haven't got caught yet. 

I had it replaced with glass excess on my policy which were at 90, quite high. That glass piece can be bought from Toyota for about 25, don't know how easy/difficult it is to DIY. Sorry to hear. 

That piece of glass is easy to fit. A competent DIYer could do it.  Otherwise call a local car glass place (NOT one of the giants like Autoglass).  It should cost more than £100 inc. of glass. Probably a fair bit less.