Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limp mode, No warnings, no errors read

Roadrunner1986

Good day all. Well not for me. My Avensis t180 went into limp mode. No dash lights, no error codes read, no smoke no weird turbo noises. EGR was clogged couple months ago and I did clean in and ran millers through it and had no problems till now. When EGR was clogged I had lights and the error code for clogged EGR. Anyone got any insights or similar problem/fixes? I'm hoping it's not turbo issue but can't rule it out. Any advice welcome. Thanks. 

Auto or manual ? and what code reader do you have ?

Hi Flash22 it's a manual and just a generic obd2 reader. 

Hi my car 2litre d4d engine my codes come up and I use code reader knock them off these engines need awful dogging and believe me they may be aluminium head but they can take it red line n rev clock no problem hot or cold only way to clean out egr valve is hard driven works every time get that 5th injector to burn up all carbon soot too

Morning all. Well I went out to have a look at the egr. Popped the bonnet, noticed the intake hose was loose. Anyway I took it off to find this in the turbo pipe leading to impeller. I'm hoping this is the route of my problems but who can say. 

IMG-20200625-WA0000.jpeg

That's weird one never came across rotten turbo pipe like that before 

It wasn't rotten. It sucked the rubber seal in chewed it up in the impeller and bent the vanes. 😔

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links