Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help please

Nero3906

Hello Everyone,

I have a blocked DPF on my Toyota Yaris 2014 D4D and I brought some Normfest 100 DPF cleaner. It says online to spray in the temp sensor or pressure sensor. Can anyone tell me where they are on my car please or where is the best place to spray it. Many Thanks

Your probably not getting up to temp with your driving style or too many short runs, take it out for a motorway run, get into 4th gear, keep it there at 60-70mph for 10mins and it should clear, don't quote me on that it might take a little longer but you don't need to rev the crap out of it, the exhaust heat will burn the soot off and your DPF warning light should go out it's self. Hopefully

It got blocked last year too and the garage cleaned it with something that made foam out of the exhaust and  they thought that also but I drive my car 90 miles a day at 70mph from MK to London to and from. I tried 2nd 3rd and 4th at high revs through out the motorway but no luck. Not sure why the DPF keeps blocking but I think it might have been cheap oil being used during my services so I do oil changes my self with low ash oil. Do you have any knowledge what it could be? 

Thanks

If its bad it may need a forced regen what can be done with a suitable scan tool

The cleaner usually goes in the front of the dpf by removing the temp sensor

Edit. If its getting blocked, its not doing a regen cycle if thats the case it needs diagnosing properly - what sort of mpg are you getting ?

Is logging any codes ?

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

If its bad it may need a forced regen what can be done with a suitable scan tool

The cleaner usually goes in the front of the dpf by removing the temp sensor

I tried a forced  regen but it kept failing. I'm hoping with this normfest and a forced regen might work. So you say the temperature sensor is at the front of the engine or behind? Looking at youtube Toyota Auris seems to be at the back but not sure about the Yaris

Edit. Had a brain f$rt

Dpf is after the cat (cat bolts to the manifold) and has 2 silver lines going to it (differential pressure lines) you should be able to use one of these lines

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The front of the dpf

in the exhaust you have a cat then the dpf, The DPF has various sensors on it

Im going to sound dumb saying this but is this under the bonnet or under the car I'm only asking this silly question because some youtube vids show under the bonnet somewhere and some is under the car?

Thanks 

sorry edited my post - i have been around so many cars the old brain gets lost sometimes, lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links