Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse cam for TAS500 in Hybrid from 2014

Ocap112

I have installed a Tas500 in my 2014 Yaris hybrid NHP130.

From what i managed to find on the internet:
-I will not be able to see hybrid specific features such as battery charging etc (I knew this before placing the order and I'm ok with this).
-Automatic light settings works fine.
-I can not se climate control info (i was expecting to be able to do this, but in the end i don't really car, I usually observe the knobs anyway)
-Buttons on steering wheel that works, Volume up and down, next, previous, mode.
-Buttons on steering wheel that does not work, phone hang up and answer (don't really care, can answer on display, but if there is a solution to this, please tell)
-Reverse cam is not working. I was assuming it would. Please help me solve this.

I tried switching back to the old media unit and reverse cam works just fine. Installed software is EU_19.6.0, I drive a NHP130 Hybrid, but the unit originates from a Petrol only Yaris if that helps. 

I guess the problem is one of the following:
-I need to update the software in the tas500 since it could differ between different car models (hybrid/non-hybrid).
-The tas500 is not compatible with any other models than it was delivered with (i doubt this since its available for current 
NHP130).
-The wiring is different and i need to modify the connectors. 

-The tas500 expect another video-signal than the one delivered from my 2014.

Any ideas of what i should try would be very helpful. 

Does it have any faults in the hidden service menu, is it detecting the reverse signal

Was it a straight swap ? sat nav ? what firmware is it running ?

What is the part number of the TAS500

• Thanks 1

It uses a different pin out so the unit will not pick up the LAN, can bus or camera detect signals

its the same unit for hybrid and non-hybrid it reads the ecu over can bus for the config, it uses the lan for heater controls config/display

you will need the adapter PW652-0D001

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Does it have any faults in the hidden service menu, is it detecting the reverse signal

I don't know how to enter the tas500 hides menu. When connected the original media unit again to see of reverse camera was still working it did. I guess the tas500 is not detecting a reverssignal, no switching over to black screen och flickering. 

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Was it a straight swap ? sat nav ? what firmware is it running ?

Pulled the old one out, connected the new one, all cables fit, same mount etc (5 years apart in manufacturing/models, also changed the frame). The old one is Touch 2 (without the go), i downloaded and installed the latest firmware in december 2019. The tas500 is running EU_19.6.0

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What is the part number of the TAS500

tas500 is the Toyota model name. Manufactured by Harman, known as pw602 or PW600-0D001

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

It uses a different pin out so the unit will not pick up the LAN, can bus or camera detect signals

its the same unit for hybrid and non-hybrid it reads the ecu over can bus for the config, it uses the lan for heater controls config/display

you will need the adapter PW652-0D001

Thank you very much for your answer!

Do you think it is possible to switch the pins in current connector?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:15 PM, flash22 said:

possibly but there are no pinouts for the tas500 i can find

i only have the standard ones

Nav pinouts.pdf 445.46 kB · 27 downloads

Hi and thank you for your  help so faar. 

I've ordered the adapter but still no luck. 

Seems like the pw652-0D001 is just a tiny extension for some of the cables. About four of them are not connected while using the adapter. 

I could not open your pdf, one of the cementing cables is not connected to anything it seems (one of the red ones next to another red one that is next to a black)

8D758DAD-0097-4CA5-9D72-29937138465E.jpeg

58840752-3505-4B20-8BFC-4E3346031D44.jpeg

This connects to the back of the radio and to the car. not sure what you mean by 4 connectors not used

edit. reread your post, do you mean 4 wires are not connected - do you have a close up of the lead ?

What originally was in the car ? what is the exact model number of the TAS500 eg. 86140-YY150

There are about 4 more cables in the connector on the car compared to cables in the adapter. 

I'll see if I can figure out if camera signal cable is in use with the pdf you sent. 

My guess is that it possible to move the wire connectors within the connector (31 in pdf) by prying in the tiny hole with a sim tray tool or similar. Could you confirm this? You know any other way to change place of the cables? 

You will need a de-pinning tool to cleanly do it

if you could answer my last post that would be good then i can get the info required

What wires does that harness swap ?

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What originally was in the car ? what is the exact model number of the TAS500 eg. 86140-YY150

That's the one, 86140-Yy150 

Sorry about not answering the right post. Didn't have the info atm. Had to go out to the car. 

Originally it had a touch 2. If you need the exact numbers I can deliver that in a few hours. 

I'll attach a picture of the backside of the 31 one connector if that's of any help. 

168DE469-A212-4C73-94ED-8B14A1DA64C2.jpeg

7FEDE2CE-0422-45E9-9159-77744E9F8E96.jpeg

That is ideal, i know the touch2 very well

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What wires does that harness swap ?

Looks like non actually. 

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That is ideal, i know the touch2 very well

Using this on the phone, so I don't see the last post all the time. 

It must be doing something, the car connectors match up to the standard

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It must be doing something, the car connectors match up to the standard

As I understand the pdf nothing is connected to 31-2, reverse signal.

do you have the factory reverse camera ?

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

do you have the factory reverse camera ?

Bought the car used. But I guess so. Bought it from a company so I ques they didn't do any diy repairs. 

The car have traces of electrical equipment removed used by the previous owner (securitas). 

Camera looks original to me? 

4667C639-1579-4338-BF49-96406AE64E76.jpeg

yes that factory - I'm trying to confirm the pinouts are correct

Does the camera actually work ?

If it's any help I could measure to confirm if the adapter does anything or not. 

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

yes that factory - I'm trying to confirm the pinouts are correct

Does the camera actually work ?

Yes, the camera works. I swapped back to the touch2 after the first install to see if I messed it up while installing. 

Some pinouts are incorrect in that pdf