Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse cam for TAS500 in Hybrid from 2014

Ocap112

I don't use those types of splice (commonly known as scotch lock) as they can cause problems

strip back the wire and solder

Hello again,

ok I will than ask a friend of mine who is a bit more used to this, he will help me to do some proper work with the wires instead of trying the scotch lock.

Sorry for asking again, but I am really not an expert of these things. Looking at the pin out of the yaris NHP130 with and without tas500, is it correct that I should try to connect the wire on the pin 2 of the 28p connector to the wire on the pin 12 of the 24p connector?

In the document it says that pin 12 of the 24p connector is a waveform, and I am not sure of what this means. Is the pin2 on the 28p connector expecting a waveform signal? Or do you mean that I need to find the riverse signal somewhere else in the car?

Sorry for asking so many questions. You are the only person I can ask to.

Thanks.

You will need a reverse signal as discussed previously the signal wave form may be on (24 pin) pin 12 but you will need to test it

if not you can find a reverse signal from the light or use a can bus adapter

ok, so next step would be to try to find out where the signal for the reverse light is coming from.

The reverse signal goes to the lights via the position switch and the Network gateway ecu and the main ecu it then gets converted to can bus

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, luca.marchini6 said:

My unit has the silver buttons, I think I need the additional radio panel around it in my case.

I have found one tas500 at a decent price, that's why I wanted to give it a try. Plus, I don't know any other aftermarket unit, is there one you would suggest?

I will anyway keep following this post, my TAS500 should arrive in 3/4 weeks. 

Hello .

Like you I have plans to change my touch 2 unit fot the TAS500.

Can you tell my the price you have paid and where ? 

My dealer ( in Belgium ) said the price was 1400 € for changing the multimedia  :-(

That's to much .

Greetings 

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

They do come up on eBay DE and FR occasionally

some times they are listed incorrectly

Hello Flash22

Do you know or where to find the product nr of TAS500 ? 

https://www.b-parts.com/en/ 

On this site they have sometimes occasions , but thye need the exact nr of the product , otherwise you can get the wrong product 😞

58 minutes ago, Fredpetrus said:

Hello .

My dealer ( in Belgium ) said the price was 1400 € for changing the multimedia  😞

That's to much .

Greetings 

Part number it in this thread but just in case,

PW600-0D001

Also search TAS500, Tas500 or TAS-500

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, Fredpetrus said:

Hello .

My dealer ( in Belgium ) said the price was 1400 € for changing the multimedia  😞

That's to much .

Greetings 

Hi there,

the part numbers that you got from flash22 are the correct ones. But you should also order PW652-0D001 (extension cable, useful if you have a reverse camera), and (depending on your car) you might also need 55405-0D620-C0 which is the radio panel without integrated buttons. This last panel you can also easily find on eBay.

I got the Tas500 for one third of what you were asked but I have good connections with toyota. How old is your car? I think the dealer just offered you a high price because they didn't want to do the job, no dealer in my area (germany) wanted to do it because it is not fully plug and play (I would say that only the reverse camera is the problem).

Try to go to another dealer and just ask for the part numbers themselves:  

- PW600-0D001

- PW652-0D001

- 55405-0D620-C0

If you can't find any good offer, my other solution would be. Just buy the radio panel without integrated buttons (55405-0D620-C0) this will make your dashboard look fully original and then I suppose you can fit any "double-din" radio on the market which has Android Auto integrated.

• Like 1

As per PM

The reverse wire runs from the rear of the car on the drivers side (LHD) or passenger side (RHD) in the body loom up the firewall and into fuse box, it does not go through the connectors behind the drivers (lhd) or Passenger (RHD) kick panel

the wire colour is red you can track it down using a wire piercing probe or tap it in the fuse box

122821192_gen3lhdengloomBA1.thumb.jpg.78dde85aa7fb2841b0dcda21aaa26ca2.jpg

Pin 19 on BA1 - Verify with a multimeter that you have 12V in reverse

640983504_gen3lhdengloomBA1socket.thumb.jpg.a73263483260904c081471d7cefbbf50.jpg

View of the plug is from the front (Left)

View of the socket as are looking at it (Right)

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, luca.marchini6 said:

Hi there,

the part numbers that you got from flash22 are the correct ones. But you should also order PW652-0D001 (extension cable, useful if you have a reverse camera), and (depending on your car) you might also need 55405-0D620-C0 which is the radio panel without integrated buttons. This last panel you can also easily find on ebay.

I got the Tas500 for one third of what you were asked but I have good connections with toyota. How old is your car? I think the dealer just offered you a high price because they didn't want to do the job, no dealer in my area (germany) wanted to do it because it is not fully plug and play (I would say that only the reverse camera is the problem).

Try to go to another dealer and just ask for the part numbers themselves:  

- PW600-0D001

- PW652-0D001

- 55405-0D620-C0

If you can't find any good offer, my other solution would be. Just buy the radio panel without integrated buttons (55405-0D620-C0) this will make your dashboard look fully original and then I suppose you can fit any "double-din" radio on the market which has Android Auto integrated.

My Yaris is from November 2019 , Only one year 😞 

I also took information about the price of the TAS550 by a toyota dealer in the Netherlands , our neighbour country , but the offer was almost the same as my dealer in belgium 😞 

Think you're right , they really don't want to do it !

I will do the job , if I can get the multimedia and cable and panel for a reasonable price .

By the way : do you use Apple carplay already ? satisfied of it ?  

• 2 months later...

Hi, I swap today my touch 2 for a tas500 and I hace exactly te same problem with all issues ocap112 say, could you find a solution?

best regards

carlos

• Like 1

Hello Carlos 

May I ask you where you got the tas500 ?

For a reasonable price ?

I bought it recently used from someone who had an accident with his car and sold it to me for 650€, I found this forum and I have the problem of the reverse camera, everything works fine except the camera and everything that has already been mentioned here: the a/c controls and the music information on the dashboard screen.

I have to change some pin in the original touch 2 connector.

I live in Spain and I bought it from someone local, I found out in the wake up and it was very expensive, if I can't solve the camera problem I will have to put it up for sale as I think it is quite necessary, you guys were able to make it work? I dared to buy it as the car that had it was exactly the same as mine with manual gearbox.

All the information is in this thread the TAS 500 needs a reverse signal from the reverse light to pin 2 on the 28 pin connector (pin 1 is 12v ignition)

This is the view from the back of the radio or wire side of the plug

44499465_tt228pin.thumb.jpg.20cc3a93c0d10e279116cccb135ba064.jpg

For the reverse wire.....................

On 12/6/2020 at 12:46 PM, flash22 said:

The reverse wire runs from the rear of the car on the drivers side (LHD) or passenger side (RHD) in the body loom up the firewall and into fuse box, it does not go through the connectors behind the drivers (lhd) or Passenger (RHD) kick panel

the wire colour is red you can track it down using a wire piercing probe or tap it in the fuse box

122821192_gen3lhdengloomBA1.thumb.jpg.78dde85aa7fb2841b0dcda21aaa26ca2.jpg

Pin 19 on BA1 - Verify with a multimeter that you have 12V in reverse

640983504_gen3lhdengloomBA1socket.thumb.jpg.a73263483260904c081471d7cefbbf50.jpg

View of the plug is from the front (Left)

View of the socket as are looking at it (Right)

Thank you very much for your help, I don't think I would know how to do it myself. I will try to find some Car audio and show him what you have told him so I can make it work properly.

If I could get an extender cable and change the pins that are connected to the radio could it work without touching the wires that the car comes with from the factory?

best regards 

You need 1 terminal or pigtail they are around 15 euro from the dealer or you can reclaim one from another plug (these size terminal are used a lot on toyota's)

Toyota part No. 82998-12870

Thank you so much for Thais info. Wishing you were un Spain to can doing for an expert like you.

do you know if this tas500 has the option to see the multimedia content On the dashboard screen like the touch 2?

5 minutes ago, CarlosE said:

Thank you so much for Thais info. Wishing you were un Spain to can doing for an expert like you.

do you know if this tas500 has the option to see the multimedia content On the dashboard screen like the touch 2?

yaris.png

I'm no expert, i don't think it will due to the way the TAS500 works, there is very little technical information about for these radios

• 4 weeks later...

I have decided to sell the radio in the end, if anyone is interested please let me know of any decent offers.

Regards