Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris mk3 bluetooth/satnav not working

VosperD

Hi.

My daughter called to  tell me that her bluetooth and satnav have suddenly stopped working but the radio appears to  be ok.

Can this be some electronc glitch that can be repaired or is it a case of a new unit?

Not much info  at the moment but I can provide more if I know what to  ask when we speak again.

Cheers

Don

Bristol

As it has sat nav the sat nav module also controls the bluetooth

If you pop into the hidden service menu and run the diagnostics it will tell you if it has and fault, if it only displays DA it means it can't see the navi box it could be something as simple as a loose cable

Flash22,

Thanks for the reply. Interesting info.

I'll look into  the service menu as soon as the car is here.

Regards

Don

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to  get a brief look at the problem and got into  the hidden menus following the instructions.

I didn't see any mention of faults but didn't see any references to  Satnav or bluetooth. Is there anything in particcular that I should be looking for?

is it easy to  get the unit out to  check the connections?

Don

image1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

Have a similar problem with my 2012 yaris

Can I ask @VosperD are the buttons dead too on your daughters car?

Neither Phone or sat nav buttons do anything nor on the set up page

Mine started on and on again for a month and then stopped working completely - I have had it in garage for service and MOT they have looked at it and say its not cables but the "plug in" box for the satnav? Being dim I can't understand why that would affect bluetooth and kill the buttons? If anyone can explain be very grateful - its an expensive repair!

Thanks in advance

With the ext box plugged in the box takes over control of the bluetooth and USB if its hung it may still think its attached, you could just unplug it and use the DA on its own

go into the hidden service menu and go in to failure diagnostics (same as the touch2) see my link above

i take you have removed the radio, unplugged everything and plugged it back in

2012 is a touch and they use a different navi box to the later touch2

As far as I remember, the satnav button does nothing and the audio  button just goes to  a blank screen.

I can do  more checks when the car turns up  here.

I am  doubtful that this s a loose cable as usually these things plug in quite firmly and nothing has been done to  disturb the wiring.

If it was my own car I would have had the radio  out and checked.

Not sure what the next step  is as these things often cost money and still don't get fixed.

Don

• 4 weeks later...

Daughter just called in with the car.

Just done a check on the usb connection to  an iPhone.

The Touch and Go plays the music but no details of the music appear on the screen and the phone cannot be controlled by the buttons on the main console or the steering wheel.

Is this all  tied up  with the satnav etc?

I have been reading some accounts that say if the satnav maps are updated this will restore the bluetooth. Is that so?

If the satnav is disconnected will this restore the bluetooth..

It appears from aother searches it is quite normal for the satnav and bluetooth to fail, especially when the car is just out of warranty, igather that map updates are expensive and a new unit cost an arm and a leg.

My daughter does not need the satnav and is more keen to  get the bluetooth going.

Don

Unplug the nav and move the usb cable from the nav to the DA (radio screen), map updates are £130

simply unplugging it and plugging it back in may clear it

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, VosperD said:

As far as I remember, the satnav button does nothing and the audio  button just goes to  a blank screen.

I can do  more checks when the car turns up  here.

I am  doubtful that this s a loose cable as usually these things plug in quite firmly and nothing has been done to  disturb the wiring.

If it was my own car I would have had the radio  out and checked.

Not sure what the next step  is as these things often cost money and still don't get fixed.

Don

Hi Don,

I'd been having the EXACT same problem.

All the buttons to the radio were dead. bluetooth not working, aux not working, steering wheel control not working. The only thing that did work was the FM radio.

I followed all the steps on here. The diagnostics showed the EXT for the Nav was "OK". 

I removed the unit and unplugged the EXT cable (I have the Touch and Go 1, so it was slightly different to the guide above, but found the cable through trial and error).

As soon as I unplugged the EXT cable, the unit sprung back into life. I can now use it fully again, apart from the Sat Nav (which was rubbish anyway).

I hope this post helps for anyone who had the same problem. I've been trying to resolve it for literally years....this thread finally helped me!

Thanks everyone 

Steve

• 1 year later...
On 10/13/2021 at 6:38 AM, Mrmotivator16 said:

Hi Don,

I'd been having the EXACT same problem.

All the buttons to the radio were dead. bluetooth not working, aux not working, steering wheel control not working. The only thing that did work was the FM radio.

I followed all the steps on here. The diagnostics showed the EXT for the Nav was "OK". 

I removed the unit and unplugged the EXT cable (I have the Touch and Go 1, so it was slightly different to the guide above, but found the cable through trial and error).

As soon as I unplugged the EXT cable, the unit sprung back into life. I can now use it fully again, apart from the Sat Nav (which was rubbish anyway).

I hope this post helps for anyone who had the same problem. I've been trying to resolve it for literally years....this thread finally helped me!

Thanks everyone 

Steve

Hi which cable is the ext cable any chance you could upload a picture or explain 

thanks 

The EXT is the Nav module, simply unplug it

what car and year ?