Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr valve

Maggsy

Hi I'm new to this I have buaght corolla verso d4d 2.2 I have couple of codes came up on my obd p400 p0069 p1251 the garage narrows it down to egr valve they say it's been carbon cleaned I've changed the egr valve running a lot better but still running lumpy I notice a lot of soot build-up wen I changed the egr valve any help would be appreciated the only code coming up now is p0069 no engine light 

Moved to the Corolla club.

23 hours ago, Maggsy said:

Hi I'm new to this I have buaght corolla verso d4d 2.2 I have couple of codes came up on my obd p400 p0069 p1251 the garage narrows it down to egr valve they say it's been carbon cleaned I've changed the egr valve running a lot better but still running lumpy I notice a lot of soot build-up wen I changed the egr valve any help would be appreciated the only code coming up now is p0069 no engine light 

P0069 = MAP Sensor Too High or Too Low, I have seen this once before where the plugs have been switched between the the Power steering pump and Pressure sensor ( see pic ) otherwise Toyota's diag process says fix other codes in your case P0400/P1251 and if this is then the only code Replace the Engine ECU.

Toyota-Corolla-Verso-2004-2009-22-D4D.jpg

Devon aygo I've done what u suggested  the car is running a lot better now goes how it should only code coming up now is p0400 any suggestion as to what this could be ?oh and thank you for your input 

No problem. P0400 is an exhaust gas flow issue and not specifically the EGR valve. The exhaust gas exits the exhaust and first enters the EGR cooler ( Blue ) through EGR pipe, through passenger side of Cylinder head, through EGR pipe in to EGR valve and out into the intake manifold.

All the car can tell is when it calls the EGR valve to open/close that it cannot see the expected changes so assumes an EGR valve blockage.

Ensure the entire EGR gas circuit is clear on carbon build up, remove the intake manifold ensure it and the ports into the head are clear.

Is the valve a genuine one ( Toyota offer recon genuine which have had all the mod's carried out to match the latest spec) had plenty of non-genuine valves throwing EGR codes.

Has the EGR circuit been blanked off or restricted  (blank with a small hole )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links