Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 avensis cd player w5328 going bananas

highbeam

Is it just me who is getting this? It does survive this seizure but it's random how long it takes. Any ideas how to reset this or does would it even help? Head unit is W5328.

https://youtu.be/0aR14RDQdVA

You video is unavailable on YouTube. My stereo has been faultless. The most general cure to try is to pull the fuse to the radio or if you have the time partly remove the trim to get to the rear of the unit and disconnect the main connection. This may help in how to access the rear of the unit - 

Can you describe the issue and when it happens - playing radio/CD/MP3 from CD/AUX or you have added a USB adapter? 

Edited by Konrad C
added sentence

8 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

You video is unavailable on YouTube. My stereo has been faultless. The most general cure to try is to pull the fuse to the radio or if you have the time partly remove the trim to get to the rear of the unit and disconnect the main connection. This may help in how to access the rear of the unit - 

Can you describe the issue and when it happens - playing radio/CD/MP3 from CD/AUX or you have added a USB adapter? 

You should see the video now. It does cure from that in 5-60minutes of time but is still anoying. Nothing responds when it goes to that mode, but you can listen to cd with the latest volume you have chosen 😄 I also has been quite active on your great tutorial. I do have xcarlink usb reader connected, but there is no effect if I unplug it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, highbeam said:

You should see the video now. It does cure from that in 5-60minutes of time but is still anoying. Nothing responds when it goes to that mode, but you can listen to cd with the latest volume you have chosen 😄 I also has been quite active on your great tutorial. I do have xcarlink usb reader connected, but there is no effect if I unplug it.

Just seen the video. That is an internal fault! I say it would need somebody who can fix the fault or a replacement unit. I am looking to see if the stereo can be reset to factory right now.

Had a brief play with my stereo. With key in accessory mode, press and hold the answerphone button on the steering wheel, until the word 'phone' shows on the display. The turn the 'tune-file' to go to 'system'. Press the 'tune-file' control to enter new menu. There are a few functions not even covered by the owners handbook, so you need to find out what they do. If you press the 'tune-file' to access a particular function, you get confirm, or with a twist of 'tune-file' cancel to go back. I think you can reset the radio properly, but as I said, you need to explore a bit. I found 'guide voice volume' in the menu. I assume this is for the voice calls and if using phone SAT-NAV via Bluetooth voice.
The Owners handbook hardly covers much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highbeam said:

Thank you and I am glad you got something out of my tutorial. The Xcarlink is a good choice. I installed one with the bluetooth adapter in my brothers Grand Scenic. These USB/Bluetooth adapters are far easier and cheaper than replacing the whole stereo.
If you still cannot fix your unit, you may have to replace it. That's when you need to decide which option to take.
Let me know how everything goes. 

17 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Had a brief play with my stereo. With key in accessory mode, press and hold the answerphone button on the steering wheel, until the word 'phone' shows on the display. The turn the 'tune-file' to go to 'system'. Press the 'tune-file' control to enter new menu. There are a few functions not even covered by the owners handbook, so you need to find out what they do. If you press the 'tune-file' to access a particular function, you get confirm, or with a twist of 'tune-file' cancel to go back. I think you can reset the radio properly, but as I said, you need to explore a bit. I found 'guide voice volume' in the menu. I assume this is for the voice calls and if using phone SAT-NAV via Bluetooth voice.
The Owners handbook hardly covers much!

I am aware of that menu, but it's mainly for phone connection and audio recognition to call specific numbers. I think I have used it once 🙂 On other points I think you are also correct. I just think that the moment it doesn't react to anything, I would have some soft reset (maybe hold down to buttons for a period of time) to try to stop it going nuts. I don't want to do full reset because it might need that factory security code. But in the end I think that this is just hot weather issue and we don't have that much hot weather in Finland, so nothing major in the end 🙂