Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 brake servo needed

petermct

Hello,

The brake servo on my 2002 Prius has given up and I'm looking for a second hand replacement,

so if you or someone you know is breaking a series one Prius, please get in touch.

Thanks

It's more than likely just the accumulator (Can you here the pump ?), the booster is listed with the pump - 47070-47010 as long as is not a grey import

There is no "Servo" on a Prius, as Flash says you have a booster (47960A), accumulator (47950D) and a Master Cylinder ( not available individually but serviceable using 04493)

( note 44785C is not re-usable )

Capture.PNG

My understanding is "booster" is just American English for a brake servo, and it's typical for Toyota to use American names for parts.

It's not a conventional servo or brake booster as it doesn't get a vacuum from the engine, it is an electric motor that build pressure in an accumulator

It is a booster as it "boosts" the braking effect

To be pedantic - from the CED (widely excepted Americanism)

booster
noun [ C ]

booster noun [C] (IMPROVEMENT)

something that improves or increases something:

from the EPC
187292007_priusbooster.thumb.jpg.2dc2461c09a8369fa9d8f323366d34cc.jpg

Only naturally-aspirated petrol engines really have useful manifold vacuum pressure for supplying the servo. It's typical for turbo diesels to have similar electric pump-driven servos (in addition to supply from the manifold) and I typically see those referred to as "servos" by non-Americans (and Haynes manuals, etc.). The electric vacuum pump is normally a separate component, but maybe it's integrated in the Prius - it's not clear to me. But I'm not sure it makes it not a servo, Americans just don't use that word in reference to braking systems and I think that's why it's named as such.

it's a universally adopted term as i posted above Toyota refer to it as a booster worldwide, booster and servo are interchangeable as are a lot of words in the automotive world

boost (v.)

"to lift or raise by pushing from behind," 1815, literal and figurative, American English, of unknown origin. Related: Boosted; boosting. As a noun, "a lift, a shove up, an upward push," by 1825.

it's an electrically driven pump on all hybrids

s-l1600.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links