Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Prius Gen 4 17” Tyres Are OEM Toyo R41 any good

TonyHSD

Hi everyone, 

does anyone drives Prius gen 4 with 17” wheels and oem Toyo R41 tyres? What are your thoughts about these tyres, are they quiet on motorway, how they behave in wet conditions and are they generally good tyres? I have to change my other half Auris tyres and these comes at best price with some discount she has as an nhs worker. There are no any real reviews for them I can find.
Thanks in advice. 

480E4B85-4A77-47A8-A3CF-AF0E6105B87F.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Little update here. She went for that tyres and they look amazing on the car, never seen a tyres with that large rim protector, lol if you about keeping your wheels safe from kerbs these are the tyres to buy👍 Haven’t try them yet myself but once I do I will update with review here and on the tyres review website. The rubber feels soft and nice to touch but let me drive the car first and then I can share some more information. Hope someone else with same tyres share his view about them. 

E47948CE-4B22-4CCB-850F-162FDA6C7490.jpeg

• Like 1

My Gen 4 has them, I can't fault them and looking on the web, they're competitively priced as well. I've slowly clipped those 90 degree corner kerbs in supermarket car parks a couple of times with mine and not a scratch on them, just a "rub" mark on the sidewall. The slope of the tyre wall up to that rim protector seems to make the tyre ride up and doesn't even damage the rim protector. I've seen rim protectors on other makes of tyres, on other cars with chunks ripped out, but not these. I can't comment on wear rates as I've only done just over 12k miles but at +3 psi on the tyre pressures they are wearing evenly and grip wise they seem fine, but I haven't pushed them as I drive a bit more sedately these days, although I did have to do an emergency stop when a pillock minibus driver suddenly opened his door as I was going past him and they coped with that no problem.

• Like 1

I have them on mine and I will buy them again when it comes to replacement.  It will be a long time though as I have only done 13,000 miles and they have barely worn and what has worn has been very even. 

I run them at the standard pressures 32 front 30 rear PSI

Luckily the rib protectors haven't been tested, but I really appreciate having them, just in case.

• Like 1