Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Recall

Cjohnston1982

Extract from the article:

"The recall has been issued to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). 

This means that at this stage the issue is only known to affect Toyota models based in the United States. 

Concerned road users can look up their vehicle on the NHTSA or Toyota website for a list of any recalls issued on their models."

So at present, the recall is in the USA.

OK I checked and its also on the Toyota UK website 

Screenshot_20200629_224004.jpg

• Thanks 1

At least that shows the correct model mix for the UK (Auris/Prius rather than Prius/Prius V).

Its coming but not yet launched, Toyota expect it to go live in August, affected owners will receive notification via mail from DVSA when Toyota are ready to call the car in. 

Just contacted the dealer and at the moment there is no recall for my Prius regarding ECU etc. (Just noticed Devon Aygo's post so that explains why)..

However there is a recall for the seat belt on my car and it is booked in on Friday.

11 hours ago, Chris Dance said:

Just contacted the dealer and at the moment there is no recall for my Prius regarding ECU etc. (Just noticed Devon Aygo's post so that explains why)..

However there is a recall for the seat belt on my car and it is booked in on Friday.

Mk4 2016> Prius is not affected by the new ECU update recall, 2014-2016 Prius MK3 is , 2014-2018 Auris & Prius + are

Got a 40k service next week on my company car. I spoke to my dealer they advise the recall on my Nov 2017 Gen 4 will be completed next week. Hopefully I'm not being dragged up the garden path.

7 hours ago, Starmans said:

Got a 40k service next week on my company car. I spoke to my dealer they advise the recall on my Nov 2017 Gen 4 will be completed next week. Hopefully I'm not being dragged up the garden path.

There are Recalls for Gen4 Prius just not the campaign ( Power management ECU software ) this thread is about

The only recall on my Gen 4 was the drivers side seat belt. This took one hour at the dealers and was done yesterday. I was informed there are no other recalls for my car  a 2017 Prius.

For the first gen Auris last recall was for update of the ecu, likely to be same now for the newer models.

There is a fresh one issued today but its not been updated on the dvsa website yet